Author Topic: Pentagon won’t say if troop deployment tempo exceeds recommended goal  (Read 218 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon won’t say if troop deployment tempo exceeds recommended goal
By Meghann Myers and Davis Winkie
 Mar 18, 05:00 AM

The Defense Department is still operating under a 2021 policy that sets a goal for active duty units to spend three months at home for every month they spend deployed, a spokeswoman confirmed to Military Times on Friday, but the Pentagon won’t disclose how often it’s being met.

The policy, which technically expired in November but is still part of the department’s force management guidance, includes a waiver process for units to revert to the mandatory minimum 1:2 deployment-to-dwell ratio, but the numbers on waiver requests and approvals are classified, Army Maj. Grace Geiger said.

“The Department has multiple processes in place to identify, approve, and track individuals and units not meeting the goal,” she added, including oversight from the services, the Joint Staff and the defense secretary’s office.

The Pentagon had not answered follow-up questions seeking details of these oversight processes as of Friday afternoon.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2024/03/18/pentagon-wont-say-if-troop-deployment-tempo-exceeds-recommended-goal/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I think the program is for gays and trannies only. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson