Author Topic: Trump says controversial language on immigrants ‘gets people thinking’  (Read 288 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says controversial language on immigrants ‘gets people thinking’
By
Jenny Goldsberry
March 17, 2024 7:27 pm

Former President Donald Trump defended his rhetoric on immigrants, suggesting that it “gets people thinking about very important issues.”

Trump appeared on Mediabuzz Sunday, where he was asked about his controversial choice of words. The presidential candidate used the phrase “poisoning the blood” during a December rally in Durham, New Hampshire, which critics said was a quote used by Adolf Hitler. According to Trump, he did not know it was rhetoric once used by the Nazi leader.

“I didn’t know that, but that’s what they say because our country is being poisoned,” Trump said. “We can be nice about it. We can talk about, oh, I wanna be politically correct, but we have people coming in from prisons and jails, long-term murderers, people with sentences that the rest of their lives are going to spend in some jail and some country that many people have never even heard of. They’re all being released to our country.”

Trump also implied the increased media coverage he receives after he says something controversial can be beneficial.

“It also gets people thinking about very important issues that if you don’t use certain rhetoric, if you don’t use certain words, and maybe are not very nice words, nothing will happen. That did stir debate, but it happens to be true,” Trump said. “They’re coming in at numbers that no country has ever seen before; it’s not sustainable, and in many cases, they’re not good people. And you have a new form of crime; it’s called migrant crime.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/2924849/trump-says-controversial-language-on-immigrants-gets-people-thinking/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

People don’t need his rhetoric on the issue. They see and are experiencing the disaster themselves.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
They DO "need the rhetoric".

Anything that drives this issue like a knife into the guts of ordinary Americans of European descent.

It's got to sting at a personal level, before folks will get serious enough to do something about the problem...