Author Topic: MSNBC's Symone Sanders Warns: If Trump Wins, Women Will Dress Like Handmaids  (Read 1783 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

MSNBC's Symone Sanders Warns: If Trump Wins, Women Will Dress Like Handmaids
Mark Finkelstein
March 17th, 2024 5:27 PM

Say what you might about Donald Trump, but one thing he is not is a Puritan. This is the man whose romantic escapades filled the pages of New York tabloids for decades. For gosh sakes, Trump's the former owner of the Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants, where contestants paraded in swimsuits!

So Symone Sanders-Townsend's attempt to scare voters by claiming that if Trump is elected, America will be turned into a dystopian world in which women are forced to wear long, loose dresses, and cover their hair with hoods, was ludicrous.

On Sunday's edition of The Weekend, the MSNBC show she co-anchors, Sanders was responding to Michael Steele, who quoted his wife as saying she longs for the day when she doesn't have to think about, talk about, or see Trump in the news.

Sanders argued it was necessary to talk about Trump since he's running for president:

"And if people are not paying attention, and we do not tell people what he's saying . . . he will get re-elected, and then y'all are going to be surprised when, again, the ladies are walking around in red dresses with those little white hoods, like The Handmaid's Tale."

more
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/mark-finkelstein/2024/03/17/msnbcs-symone-sanders-warns-if-trump-wins-women-will-dress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is so 2020... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh, FFS.  **nononono*

Considering the people whining about this ridiculous nonsense are backing people who actually bag their women at the beach, this is just more ridiculous sh*t

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Did we dress like handmaids in 2016?  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Seriously, y'all. Can these people get anymore ridiculous?! What concerns me is that their base is equally as stupid. They want to find outlandish things to believe about Trump, Republicans and us. This is when I wish there were a test voters had to pass to qualify to vote. They really should know a little something about something to exercise that privilege.

There used to be a video (which I can't find now) that showed how profoundly ignorant Obama voters were. They were being interviewed after casting their vote. It was cringy. It was full of this kind of junk that they truly believed was true. I can't remember much about it, but I do remember that one woman was asked a "who-said-that" question. She answered Sarah Palin or some other Republican that the left loves to ridicule. When the interviewer showed her that it was Barack Obama, she was surprised. Even disappointed. Even so, she was proud of her political choices, so the truth had no impact on her at all. 

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

There used to be a video (which I can't find now) that showed how profoundly ignorant Obama voters were. They were being interviewed after casting their vote. It was cringy. It was full of this kind of junk that they truly believed was true. I can't remember much about it, but I do remember that one woman was asked a "who-said-that" question. She answered Sarah Palin or some other Republican that the left loves to ridicule. When the interviewer showed her that it was Barack Obama, she was surprised. Even disappointed. Even so, she was proud of her political choices, so the truth had no impact on her at all.

Found it. I conflated some things, but I got the gist of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8&t=21s

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So the lefty dim women want to play Halloween every day.  I hope they do.  Easier to spot and avoid 'em
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 12:21:53 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

We have Trump saying we probably won’t have elections going forward if he doesn’t win. I’ve seen posters here claim America is finished if Trump doesn’t win

Whoopi Goldberg scolded poor people who are concerned about inflation that they should be more concerned about being put on camps if Trump wins.

We have this idiot making this claim if Trump wins and she probably believes it

Both sides are making wild claims if the other side wins

Meanwhile, inflation ticked up last month, our border is still broken, SS and Medicare are still facing insolvency, the president just presented a 7.3 trillion, thats with a T, spending plan that Trump is in no position to make an issue of, ect ect

And some here still can’t understand why some of us refuse to vote for either of these two

Oh well, maybe we can debate and address these long term issues endangering the country in the 2028 presidential campaign without the fear mongering and hyperbole
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 11:35:06 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Only the ugly women.  Fugly women will be forced to wear burkas.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

////00000////

Only the ugly women.  Fugly women will be forced to wear burkas.

As a woman, I want to be protected from having to see fugly guys. What are my options. Don't say facial hair. That makes 99% of them uglier. Is there a special type of eyewear that could help me?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO opined:
"Only the ugly women.  Fugly women will be forced to wear burkas."

A perfect lead-in for this graphic:

Offline mountaineer

So we're sure she's talking about that handmaid's tale dress, and not something like this?
'Cuz I don't want to have to wear either style.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

As a woman, I want to be protected from having to see fugly guys. What are my options. Don't say facial hair. That makes 99% of them uglier. Is there a special type of eyewear that could help me?

Try rose colored glasses.  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

All y'all ain't been to a hootenanny down on the farm lately, have you?

Seems gals like wearing dresses. (And hats, at least in the spring).

I like it like that.  :shrug:

It's that way right now... the young gals are walking around uptown in their s(pring) dresses... It is a glorious thing. Makes a guy want to pull up a park bench and just watch em walk by... With a coffee from Copper Mountain, of course.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

I like it like that. :shrug:

It's that way right now... the young gals are walking around uptown in their s(pring) dresses... It is a glorious thing. Makes a guy want to pull up a park bench and just watch em walk by... With a coffee from Copper Mountain, of course.

I'm sorry. I just can't help myself.  :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utg3e9K5zP4

It's been 100 years since I've been to a hootenanny, where I was the entertainment rather than a participant. A little Gypsy Rover, Scotch & Soda, Where Have All the Flowers Gone (which I never want to sing again in my lifetime).
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 11:38:23 pm by AllThatJazzZ »

Offline goatprairie

I like it like that.  :shrug:

"Standing on a corner watching all the girls go by
Standing on a corner watching all the girls go by
Brother you don't know a nicer occupation
Matter of fact, neither do I
Than standing on a corner watching all the girls
Watching all the girls, watching all the girls go by"

I doubt that song could get aired today. Too "sexist." Nevertheless, it's something red-blooded males still love to do. Can't change human nature.

Online roamer_1

I doubt that song could get aired today. Too "sexist." Nevertheless, it's something red-blooded males still love to do. Can't change human nature.

That's right.  happy77

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Put their fugly butts in Burkas too! Fugly is fugly and no one should have to look at it :silly: :silly: Just think Hillary would have been covered up, aal the Squad Mad Max too! And Schumer, Nadler and Schiffty too! Just think if we covered all the fugly and what a boon for the business of fabric and clothing manufacturers, not to mention our eyes :whistle: So what next MUth gags so we don't have to hear them either? What a wonderful world it would be..........except who gets to define fugly?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 02:52:01 am by GtHawk »

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!

This picture says so much!
Trump's women do NOT dress like handmaids!
Trump's women dress like Miss Universe contestants!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Put their fugly butts in Burkas too! Fugly is fugly and no one should have to look at it :silly: :silly: Just think Hillary would have been covered up, aal the Squad Mad Max too! And Schumer, Nadler and Schiffty too! Just think if we covered all the fugly and what a boon for the business of fabric and clothing manufacturers, not to mention our eyes :whistle: So what next MUth gags so we don't have to hear them either? What a wonderful world it would be..........except who gets to define fugly?

Did you all see that fugly Indian print patch quilt monstrosity Hillary wore to the State Dinner the other night?

Right away I thought of that cheese grater meme....  :rolling:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

No fat chicks in leopard print spandex... Let that sink in... Surprisingly, I might lean toward restriction... At least in Walmart.  :laugh: