Author Topic: Americans are warned to brace for below-freezing temperatures with a 20-degree swing in some areas a  (Read 1874 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Daily Mail
By DOLORES CHANG
17 March 2024
  • More than half of the US population will experience cold or freezing conditions
  • St. Louis in Missouri is set to see a swing of 20 degrees from Saturday to Monday
  • The cold air is forecasted to creep into the Midwest on Sunday. progressing south and eastward
(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13205787/freezing-temperatures-swing-spring-like-warmth.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

We have had a very mild winter due to a very powerful El Niño

Now, due to its weakening, we’re experiencing typical March weather
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

DAMMIT!

Who said the 'S' word?

****slapping

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Wind chills in the teens tomorrow.   9999hair out0000
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline cato potatoe

Before I moved to Florida, I thought I would feel nostalgic for the bleak solitude of winter.   But I do not miss it AT ALL.  Give me six months of hell on earth --- it's better than shivering.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Before I moved to Florida, I thought I would feel nostalgic for the bleak solitude of winter.   But I do not miss it AT ALL.  Give me six months of hell on earth --- it's better than shivering.

As a Texan who never saw a snowflake until she was a teen, I'm ecstatic that any freezes I have to endure are over in a day or two. If it does happen to snow, it's gone in 24 hours. Yes, we have the heat, and I hate it, but I just can't do cold weather. Heck, I couldn't tell you where my coat is. I don't think I've seen it for at least 3 years.

Sorry for those who are enduring this blast of cold weather. I'll think of y'all as I do my gardening.  :cool:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online roamer_1

I LOVE deep snow. I LOVE bitter cold. It ain't really cold till it's REALLY cold... Below zero. Ten below. Tweinty below...

LOVE it.

Till I don't.

And spring is glorious when it comes...
two months later.

Offline mountaineer

We've had some warm spells the past few weeks - we played golf in shorts a couple of times, the daffodils are blooming, and trees are budding. Not so much today! Wild, wacky - but typical - March weather.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Yard looks like trash, cause wife made me go out and cover every bush that would be damaged from the cold... we lost a few a year ago and she is skittish. So sheets everywhere, like a gay clan rally with a few pinks and light blues/greens in the mix.

Low 20s one night, upper 20s last night... and feels like 70 degrees outside today... Winter in the South. But I am sure the lightning bugs will hold out showing their tails for another week or more due to the cold.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 08:50:11 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My detestation of the cold is the stuff of legend.  Give me my 115 days!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
DAMMIT!

Who said the 'S' word?

****slapping

We pulled our camper out of storage to get it ready for a trip to Texas. I’ll take the blame for the upcoming snowstorm they are predicting.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online roamer_1

We pulled our camper out of storage to get it ready for a trip to Texas. I’ll take the blame for the upcoming snowstorm they are predicting.

Yup... That'll do it... Understandable of course due to the trip.  :beer:

Me, I won't even think about draggin out the lawn tractor, or camping gear, or gardening tools till at least late April. And the snow plow won't be put away until after two cuts of the grass...

So it wasn't me.   :whistle:

We're out of snow btw... Even the plow piles are gone. Low 60's today with avalanche warnings everywhere.

Online Smokin Joe

Yup... That'll do it... Understandable of course due to the trip.  :beer:

Me, I won't even think about draggin out the lawn tractor, or camping gear, or gardening tools till at least late April. And the snow plow won't be put away until after two cuts of the grass...

So it wasn't me.   :whistle:

We're out of snow btw... Even the plow piles are gone. Low 60's today with avalanche warnings everywhere.
If you're having avalanche warnings, there's snow somewhere...

We got an inch or so, more on the way, likely six inches or so by the time we're done.  Lows in the teens and single digits, highs in the 20s, nice mild winter weather, and not much wind at the moment.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

If you're having avalanche warnings, there's snow somewhere...

Well yeah... The mountains are full of course. I was speaking of the valley floor

We got an inch or so, more on the way, likely six inches or so by the time we're done.  Lows in the teens and single digits, highs in the 20s, nice mild winter weather, and not much wind at the moment.

We'll get another blow or two in, but I doubt anything will stay now... Though it ain't past the realm f possibility to get three feet on the ground again. But likely not this late.

Online Smokin Joe

Well yeah... The mountains are full of course. I was speaking of the valley floor

We'll get another blow or two in, but I doubt anything will stay now... Though it ain't past the realm f possibility to get three feet on the ground again. But likely not this late.
Dunno, the worst blizzards we've had in the past couple of decades were in April..

Powder can be bad, but wet snow with an ice storm lead in is worse.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Just another early Spring day in New England.  There are predictions of a small amount of snow for Boston area this weekend.

Trees that have bud too early are out of luck for this season.

USDA maps say I'm in Zone 6, but, if i am looking for hardy perennials, I look for Zone 4.  Average is a misnomer in New England.  Avergages are statistical mirages that create the false impression of consistency and predictability.  Mother Nature doesn't stick to a script.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 03:00:16 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

Dunno, the worst blizzards we've had in the past couple of decades were in April..

Powder can be bad, but wet snow with an ice storm lead in is worse.

Right, but the point being, it won't stay. It could, as I suggested, but with longer exposure to the sun now and westerlies turning west by southwest, temps tend to heat up and it will go away again fairly quick.

It surely could be we get locked up again, but it is less and less likely.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024