Author Topic: Haiti: can't we put America first?  (Read 264 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Haiti: can't we put America first?
« on: March 17, 2024, 03:57:40 pm »
March 17, 2024
Haiti: can't we put America first?
By Mike McDaniel

Haiti is coming apart, and as always, the US government is making it worse. In the aftermath of the 2010 earthquake that devastated the island, the Clintons grabbed on and never let go: 

Mrs Clinton was Secretary of State and Mr Clinton was UN Special Envoy to Haiti when the January 2010 earthquake struck, killing an estimated 220,000 people.

Some $13.3bn (£10.9bn) was pledged by international donors for Haiti's recovery.

Mr Clinton was appointed co-chairman of the Interim Haiti Recovery Commission (IHRC), along with Haitian Prime Minister Jean-Max Bellerive.

The Clinton Foundation later said it raised some 30 million for Haiti and never took a dime for itself, but Haitians tend to disagree about the effectiveness of Clinton help:

In email exchanges with top Clinton Foundation officials, a senior aide to Mrs Clinton, who was then-secretary of state, kept an eye out for those identified by the abbreviations "FOB" (friends of Bill Clinton) or "WJC VIPs" (William Jefferson Clinton VIPs).

"Need you to flag when people are friends of WJC," wrote Caitlin Klevorick, a senior State Department official who was vetting incoming offers of assistance coming through the Clinton Foundation.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/03/haiti_cant_we_put_america_first.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Haiti: can't we put America first?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 10:42:58 pm »
The only "solution" for Haiti is to do what the Dominicans have done:
Build a wall and corral them all in, and let things work out from there, in whatever way they're going to go.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Haiti: can't we put America first?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 11:33:30 pm »
The only "solution" for Haiti is to do what the Dominicans have done:
Build a wall and corral them all in, and let things work out from there, in whatever way they're going to go.
...and DO NOT import the problem.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis