Author Topic: Two Commanders in Marine Corps' West Coast Infantry School Fired on Same Day  (Read 221 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military News
Two Commanders in Marine Corps' West Coast Infantry School Fired on Same Day

Military.com | By Drew F. Lawrence
Published March 14, 2024 at 1:57pm ET

The Marine Corps relieved two commanders at its West Coast infantry school earlier this month, citing "loss of trust and confidence in their ability to execute the responsibilities of their commands," according to a statement from the service on Thursday.

Col. Seth "S.W." MacCutcheon, the commander of the School of Infantry-West, and Maj. Nicholas Engle, the commander of the Reconnaissance Training Company, were both relieved on March 8 by Brig. Gen. Farrell Sullivan, the commanding general of the service's training command.

Both units are based out of Camp Pendleton, California, and follow five other firings of leaders in charge of training programs in the Marine Corps in the last eight-plus months. The reconnaissance training company is a subordinate unit to the School of Infantry-West, also known as SOI-W.

A spokesperson for the service would not specifically say why the firings occurred and if they were related. However, they occurred on the same day.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/03/14/two-commanders-marine-corps-west-coast-infantry-school-fired-same-day.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They had to have been too old school, too pro America! :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have NO problem at all with  them relieving the female Marine that hit two pedestrians with her car or truck due to her being drunk.

Relieve her and toss her ass out of the USMC with no retirement or benefits.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!