Author Topic: Navy delays next-generation submarine start to early 2040s  (Read 155 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy delays next-generation submarine start to early 2040s
« on: March 17, 2024, 03:24:00 pm »
Navy delays next-generation submarine start to early 2040s
By Megan Eckstein
 Thursday, Mar 14

The U.S. Navy is pushing back the start of construction on its next-generation attack submarine by nearly a decade, citing tight budgets and a need to fund current and near-term operations.

A Navy spokesperson told Defense News construction on the lead ship of the SSN(X) program, which will follow the Virginia-class attack submarine, is now planned to start in the “early 2040s.” The Navy last year planned to begin the ship class in 2035, and it was previously set for a 2031 start.

https://www.defensenews.com/naval/2024/03/14/navy-delays-next-generation-submarine-start-to-early-2040s/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy delays next-generation submarine start to early 2040s
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 03:26:07 pm »
Yet another military threat - delay.  So far the new CNO is doing a fine job of threatening to weaken the Navy but isn't so hot at doing something to strengthen it. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson