Author Topic: US Army Special Forces To Be Deployed on Taiwanese Island Six Miles From Mainland China  (Read 279 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army Special Forces To Be Deployed on Taiwanese Island Six Miles From Mainland China
by Guy D. McCardle
Mar 8, 2024

The United States has initiated a significant military collaboration with Taiwan, featuring the deployment of US Army Special Forces for ongoing training operations on the island.

Under the provisions of the 2023 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), U.S. military advisors have started to take up permanent positions at the Taiwanese Army’s amphibious command centers in Kinmen and Penghu. Their mission involves regular training exercises alongside Taiwan’s elite forces.

A notable aspect of this cooperation has been the American Army Special Forces’ assistance in training their Taiwanese counterparts to use the Black Hornet Nano, a compact military unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). This collaboration also extends to the creation of operational guidelines and training manuals. The Taiwanese Aviation and Special Forces Command has proposed acquiring this micro drone directly from the U.S. through military sales avenues.

https://sofrep.com/news/us-army-special-forces-to-be-deployed-on-taiwanese-island-six-miles-from-mainland-china/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They probably won't be able to defend themselves in case of a Chinese incursion, though.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
USSF troops being deployed to Taiwan to do joint training exercises with the Thai government wasn't even new in the 1960's.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They probably won't be able to defend themselves in case of a Chinese incursion, though.

@rangerbrew

Nope. The would be outnumbered by at least 100 to 1,and their only option would be to deploy backpack  nukes,and then haul ass,and that is NOT going to  happen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!