Author Topic: US Army Axes Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft Program in Strategic Pivot  (Read 363 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Army Axes Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft Program in Strategic Pivot
by SOFREP News Team
1 hour ago

Uh-oh, it looks like the US Army has finally pulled the plug on its Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA) program after shelling out an outstanding $2 billion.

This recent move has ruffled feathers across the defense sector and beyond, especially after gearing up to request another $5 billion over the next five years.

Certainly, the decision wasn’t made lightly. But it’s a clear sign that the winds of war and the tools we use to fight it are changing, and they are changing so quickly that the program appears to be unable to keep up.

A Look Back at FARA’s Rocky Road
Launched in 2018, FARA was the Army’s latest shot at bringing a modern armed recon bird into the skies, aiming to fill the void left by the OH-58 Kiowa Warrior.

https://sofrep.com/news/us-army-axes-future-attack-reconnaissance-aircraft-program-in-strategic-pivot/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another new military threat - axe!
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Use drones.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis