Author Topic: Meth found hidden in shipment of peppers and husk tomatoes at California border crossing  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Meth found hidden in shipment of peppers and husk tomatoes at California border crossing
by: Salvador Rivera

Posted: Mar 15, 2024 / 03:56 PM CDT

Updated: Mar 15, 2024 / 03:56 PM CDT

SAN DIEGO (Border Report) — U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers at the Otay Mesa Cargo Facility discovered millions of dollars worth of methamphetamine hidden in a shipment of peppers and husk tomatoes.

CBP says on Tuesday night, officers encountered a 27-year-old man driving a commercial tractor-trailer at the Otay Mesa Port of Entry.

According to CBP, the man had a valid border crossing card and claimed to be hauling a shipment of peppers and husk tomatoes, also known as tomatillos.

Upon further examination in the secondary inspection area, a CBP K-9 unit alerted officers who went through the trailer.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/meth-found-hidden-in-shipment-of-peppers-and-husk-tomatoes-at-california-border-crossing/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson