Author Topic: US government mandates facial recognition for migrants lacking passports to board domestic flights  (Read 281 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US government mandates facial recognition for migrants lacking passports to board domestic flights
Several migrants with flights out of South Texas on Tuesday reported feeling 'turned away'
Associated Press
Published March 15, 2024 6:34am EDT

Legal immigrants frustrated over long wait times while illegal immigrants pour in

Fox News’ William La Jeunesse reports on wait times as long as 26 years to enter the U.S. legally.

The U.S. government has implemented a requirement for migrants without passports to undergo facial recognition technology when taking domestic flights.

Migrants lacking proper photo identification must utilize facial recognition technology to verify their identity against Department of Homeland Security records, according to TSA.

While TSA officials did not specify when the change was implemented, they noted it was recent and not prompted by any specific security threat.

The U.S. government has started requiring migrants without passports to submit to facial recognition technology to take domestic flights under a change that prompted confusion this week among immigrants and advocacy groups in Texas.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-government-mandates-facial-recognition-migrants-lacking-passports-board-domestic-flights
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We can bet our sweet bippies that facial recognition will soon be required of all Americans to access government properties.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We can bet our sweet bippies that facial recognition will soon be required of all Americans to access government properties.
Yeah, that's where I saw this going, too (for all we know, they are already using it).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis