Author Topic: Biden’s State of the Union hushed Democratic criticism but hasn’t helped him in the polls  (Read 253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s State of the Union hushed Democratic criticism but hasn’t helped him in the polls
By
Naomi Lim
March 17, 2024 7:00 am

President Joe Biden’s State of the Union appeared to appease the Democratic political chattering class, members of which have expressed concern about his age and mental acuity before November’s general election.

But his address has not resonated in public polls, at least not yet.

In the week since Biden’s State of the Union, his last before his election against former President Donald Trump amid speculation the pair may not take part in any debates, Biden’s average approval-disapproval rating has remained roughly the same, 38%-56%, according to FiveThirtyEight. Another polling aggregator, RealClearPolitics, did find his approval increased during the same time period, but by less than a percentage point to 40%, while his disapproval decreased by the same percentage change to 55%.

Historically, State of the Union addresses have not shifted public opinion much, but Biden’s 2024 speech was different since it marked the start of the general election and came at a crucial moment for his presidency with the Democratic criticism.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/2922723/bidens-state-of-the-union-hushed-democratic-criticism-but-hasnt-helped-him-in-the-polls/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

That’s all it was meant to do. It wasn’t an appeal to swing voters.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe isn't  even good  once as he ever was.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.