Author Topic: The 2024 Election Will Be Neither Free Nor Fair  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The 2024 Election Will Be Neither Free Nor Fair
« on: March 17, 2024, 12:36:26 pm »
The American Mind by Jeremy Carl

The normalization of election tampering has perverted American politics.

an is a creature that can get accustomed to anything,” said Dostoyevsky, and indeed, we’ve become so accustomed to the manipulation of our elections that it’s become almost the norm. But the Democrats have already far exceeded even their previous serious misdeeds. Conservative complaints about this tend to be dismissed as conspiracy-mongering or poor sportsmanship. But to pretend that the Democrats’ actions since November 2020 are just part of the rough-and-tumble of politics is to ignore a mountain of evidence staring us in the face.

There is nothing normal about the presidential election of 2024—nor should we attempt to normalize it, because the Democrats’ behavior has been a tragedy for American democracy. As Matt Taibbi put it in an outstanding article analyzing recent moves from the Democrats, the “2024 presidential race increasingly looks like it will be decided by lawyers, not voters, as Democrats unveil plans for America’s first lawfare election.”

If anything, Taibbi understates the case. Democratic election interference has been so pervasive that it is hard to see how we could have an election that objective outside observers would consider free and fair. This is a grave and serious accusation to level and one which holds frightening implications for the future of American democracy. But it does us no good to hide from the truth.

The GOP Body Count

The Biden regime and its accomplices have made sure that friends and allies have paid a severe price for taking them on. My Claremont colleague John Eastman, a former law school dean and Supreme Court clerk for Justice Thomas, has been forced to pay millions of dollars in legal fees to defend himself from both criminal and civil charges over the legal advice around the 2020 election that he gave to President Trump. Lawyers are supposed to advocate aggressively for their clients. Whether or not one agrees with Eastman’s theories (and a number of conservative attorneys have supported him), there is no evidence that he did not argue them in good faith.

Nonetheless, he faces disbarment in California and criminal charges in Georgia, filed by corrupt Fulton County DA Fanni Willis. Many other Trump attorneys have already pled guilty to Georgia charges or still face legal jeopardy. But, of course, Eastman’s prosecution and possible disbarment isn’t really about Eastman. It’s about sending a message to other talented conservatives—don’t defend Donald Trump or Republicans in general or you’ll face the end of your careers, personal bankruptcy, and possibly the end of your freedom.

The people who demand that we “protect democracy” are the same people eliminating democracy. A core part of the Biden strategy, as shown in leaked campaign strategy memos, is to paint his opponent as fundamentally an “existential threat to democracy,” even as he and his allies make one anti-democratic move after another.

More: https://americanmind.org/salvo/the-2024-election-will-be-neither-free-nor-fair/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The 2024 Election Will Be Neither Free Nor Fair
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 10:15:50 pm »
Posted by me to this forum on November 13, 2020:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,419737.msg2325220.html#msg2325220

I saved it under the title "American Apparatus"...

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 01:53:18 am »
Republicans have had four years to do something about it.  And still they do nothing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 03:52:14 am »
 :bkmk:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 04:02:24 am »
Here's a question" What will all y'all do if Tumpy actually wins? Will it still be rigged then, eh?

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 04:14:01 am »
Here's a question" What will all y'all do if Tumpy actually wins? Will it still be rigged then, eh?

Your use of "Tumpy" is insulting to those who will be voting for him, and perhaps that's what your intention was. Nevertheless, I'll answer. If the Dems don't manage to steal the election, it doesn't mean they didn't try. Just that they didn't succeed.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 06:40:24 am »
Your use of "Tumpy" is insulting to those who will be voting for him, and perhaps that's what your intention was. Nevertheless, I'll answer. If the Dems don't manage to steal the election, it doesn't mean they didn't try. Just that they didn't succeed.

My use of Tumpy will forever be... A constant reminder of just what you're voting for - Because he does the same to everyone, daily. Good for the goose, and all that.

You can be insulted all you like. But then, you're missing the point.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 11:05:55 am »

If Trump wins, the Democrats will claim the election was stolen and rigged similar to what they did when he won in 2016.

Regardless  who wins, the way we vote and conduct elections is in desperate need of improvement. This mass mail in voting and liberalized ballot harvesting for one. And when did this idea of no questions asked early voting start?

And there’s no dumber position when it comes to elections the idea that you don’t need an ID to vote

There were things allowed to happen in 2020 due to COVID that shouldn’t have been allowed.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 11:37:06 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 11:12:32 am »
My use of Tumpy will forever be... A constant reminder of just what you're voting for - Because he does the same to everyone, daily. Good for the goose, and all that.

Yep

It’s funny how he can insult and have nicknames for everybody else. But when it’s done to Trump, his supporters get all up in arms

I personally don’t do it but you are right. What’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 11:14:46 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 01:51:37 pm »

@roamer_1

Dude, why do you think so many have to hold their nose to vote for him? He certainly doesn't win people over with his tactics and neither do you. Just saying.

BTW, a few years ago I decided to clarify the difference between "emulate" and "imitate." Here's what I found:

If you try to climb the same mountain your big brother did, you're emulating him, but if you copy his habit of sticking peas up his nose, you're just imitating him.

Is your nose full yet?  :tongue2:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 01:57:17 pm »
@roamer_1

Dude, why do you think so many have to hold their nose to vote for him? He certainly doesn't win people over with his tactics and neither do you. Just saying.

BTW, a few years ago I decided to clarify the difference between "emulate" and "imitate." Here's what I found:

Is your nose full yet?  :tongue2:

888high58888 :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2024, 02:18:06 pm »
What number election cycle are we on that we’re being told we need to hold our nose and vote for the Republican nominee?

Lesson is, if you continue to hold your nose and vote for a candidate , you will continue to hold your nose and vote for candidates. They learned that they don’t have to really do anything because they’ve got your vote regardless. That explains Donald Trump’s leftward shift.

There was a thread that linked to a report of the destructiveness of some of the policies that were implemented around Covid. The two architects of that are running and asking the American people to give them another shot.

No thank you

Barry Goldwater

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2024, 02:25:35 pm »

They will claim there was still fraud but they overcame it, like in 2016. They will never stop believing in the Great Pumpkin. Never mind that these "the election is doomed" posts just discourage people from voting in the first place.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2024, 02:29:44 pm »
What number election cycle are we on that we’re being told we need to hold our nose and vote for the Republican nominee?

Lesson is, if you continue to hold your nose and vote for a candidate , you will continue to hold your nose and vote for candidates. They learned that they don’t have to really do anything because they’ve got your vote regardless. That explains Donald Trump’s leftward shift.

There was a thread that linked to a report of the destructiveness of some of the policies that were implemented around Covid. The two architects of that are running and asking the American people to give them another shot.

No thank you

@LMAO

Actually, the lesson is that Biden and the Dems have brought us to our knees in 3 years. Four more years will be our undoing. There was a time when I didn't fully understand the phrase "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." There are times when I'm willing to wait for perfect. This isn't one of those times.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2024, 02:32:35 pm »
@LMAO

Actually, the lesson is that Biden and the Dems have brought us to our knees in 3 years. Four more years will be our undoing. There was a time when I didn't fully understand the phrase "don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." There are times when I'm willing to wait for perfect. This isn't one of those times.

So what mechanism do you have to hold Donald Trump accountable? Remember, he doesn’t need your vote anymore should he win so he can easily shift positions based on who pays him the most

This isn’t about the perfect candidate. No one is the perfect candidate. But speaking as a conservative, Donald Trump is very far removed on issues  such as spending, trade, the role of the federal government, and even if you’re a social conservative, Donald Trump is also flexible when it comes to that

Making liberals heads explode may give that initial emotional rush. But then he would have to govern after that.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 02:36:23 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2024, 02:35:11 pm »
@LMAO

If George Washington had not used the army he had and waited to have the one he wanted we would all still be English subjects!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2024, 02:44:05 pm »
I understand how you feel, but Trumpy is nothing compared to what some Briefers used as descriptors for DeSantis and before him(still?) Cruz. Personally I think Trumpy is pretty mild and easy to just ignore. Of course, obviously YMMV :shrug:
 :beer:

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2024, 03:04:02 pm »

So what mechanism do you have to hold Donald Trump accountable? Remember, he doesn’t need your vote anymore should he win so he can easily shift positions based on who pays him the most

This isn’t about the perfect candidate. No one is the perfect candidate. But speaking as a conservative, Donald Trump is very far removed on issues  such as spending, trade, the role of the federal government, and even if you’re a social conservative, Donald Trump is also flexible when it comes to that

Making liberals heads explode may give that initial emotional rush. But then he would have to govern after that.

@LMAO

It's hard to hold any lame duck politician accountable. That's the nature of our system.

Obviously, I haven't made myself clear yet. I'm not looking to defend a 2nd Trump term. I'm desperately looking to avoid a 2nd Biden term (also unaccountable, I might add). I'll take a flawed Republican candidate until which time we can get one who's more agreeable to the various factions of the Party. As some smart Briefer posted recently (sorry I can't remember who), it allows us to survive to fight another day. Or something along those lines.

Although I am one to enjoy watching liberal heads explode, that's not why I want a Trump victory in November. I'm scared spitless of the amount of destruction another 4 years of Democrat rule -- and I do mean rule -- will leave us with. I believe we don't survive an unchecked Democrat onslaught.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2024, 03:06:35 pm »
If George Washington had not used the army he had and waited to have the one he wanted we would all still be English subjects!

:amen:

Pay attention, y'all. Here's a smart man. And he's from Texas, of course. God bless Texas.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2024, 03:09:16 pm »
I understand how you feel, but Trumpy is nothing compared to what some Briefers used as descriptors for DeSantis and before him(still?) Cruz. Personally I think Trumpy is pretty mild and easy to just ignore. Of course, obviously YMMV :shrug:
 :beer:

@GtHawk

Yes, as far as name-calling goes, it's certainly not the worst. I wish we had learned to disagree without all that childish baggage. Hard to move on when the Party's leader is the chief offender.  **nononono*

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2024, 03:15:09 pm »
@LMAO

It's hard to hold any lame duck politician accountable. That's the nature of our system.

Obviously, I haven't made myself clear yet. I'm not looking to defend a 2nd Trump term. I'm desperately looking to avoid a 2nd Biden term (also unaccountable, I might add). I'll take a flawed Republican candidate until which time we can get one who's more agreeable to the various factions of the Party. As some smart Briefer posted recently (sorry I can't remember who), it allows us to survive to fight another day. Or something along those lines.

Although I am one to enjoy watching liberal heads explode, that's not why I want a Trump victory in November. I'm scared spitless of the amount of destruction another 4 years of Democrat rule -- and I do mean rule -- will leave us with. I believe we don't survive an unchecked Democrat onslaught.

Well, keep in mind that the opposition believes that we wouldn’t survive another Trump term. They believe that if Trump wins that’s the end of democracy in this country as we know it.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2024, 03:18:42 pm »
:amen:

Pay attention, y'all. Here's a smart man. And he's from Texas, of course. God bless Texas.

Except George Washington and his army didn’t fight for keeping the system intact on the belief  they would just run it better than the British. His army fought to separate from the British and created our own country based on the idea that all men are created equal and freedom.

He didn’t fight a revolutionary war based on the idea of retribution and growing the size of government

Barry Goldwater

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2024, 03:22:28 pm »
Well, keep in mind that the opposition believes that we wouldn’t survive another Trump term. They believe that if Trump wins that’s the end of democracy in this country as we know it.

@LMAO

Probably so, but I'm more concerned about what Republicans believe. If they believe we have another bite of the apple after a Democrat victory in November, they'd have to convince me with an educated, reasoned argument. Not some emotional reaction to "Tumpy." Tell me why Biden and Company, with control of so many levers of government, would not finish the job they've set out to do. Good grief, y'all. Just the number of illegals is enough to be the ruin of us. I'm not gonna lie. I'm astonished that Republicans would flirt with an election that ensures our certain demise if we don't stop Biden.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2024, 03:28:42 pm »
@LMAO

Probably so, but I'm more concerned about what Republicans believe. If they believe we have another bite of the apple after a Democrat victory in November, they'd have to convince me with an educated, reasoned argument. Not some emotional reaction to "Tumpy." Tell me why Biden and Company, with control of so many levers of government, would not finish the job they've set out to do. Good grief, y'all. Just the number of illegals is enough to be the ruin of us. I'm not gonna lie. I'm astonished that Republicans would flirt with an election that ensures our certain demise if we don't stop Biden.

A lot of us who are not voting for Donald Trump are very well aware of the issues that come with another Biden term. We’re teetering on the edge regardless who gets elected.

But let’s say Donald Trump wins. He doesn’t have to campaign anymore and he owes a lot of money so he susceptible to donors and lobbyist as we’ve already seen. After he finishes that term, they’ll be an open presidential seat that will most certainly go to the Democrat. That person is going to get a potential eight years. Any executive orders that were shoved through under Donald Trump’s term would be immediately erased. And it’s a possibility that that Democrat president could be further to the left. Look at what followed him the first time and look at what followed eight years of George Bush.

The hope, and I can’t guarantee anything, is if Biden gets a second term, and if the Republicans can somehow find a viable candidate with appeal to the general public at large, that could be an opening for another Reagan type Revolution. I know it’s a longshot. But that’s a better scenario than what I outlined above

« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 03:29:38 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline AllThatJazzZ

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2024, 03:29:10 pm »
Except George Washington and his army didn’t fight for keeping the system intact on the belief  they would just run it better than the British. His army fought to separate from the British and created our own country based on the idea that all men are created equal and freedom.

He didn’t fight a revolutionary war based on the idea of retribution and growing the size of government

@LMAO

Desperation is desperation. You're trying to make perfect analogies. I'm arguing for the survival of the republic. Maybe you believe the republic survives Biden, et al. I don't. That's my frame of reference in this whole argument. I'm a pragmatist. While I'd love to have the candidate of my dreams, my pragmatism has kicked in, and I'm trying to encourage others alone those lines. I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I'm enthusiastic to vote for him this year because to lose to the Dems is a devastating outcome.