Author Topic: Federal Court Halts Biden Admin’s Corporate Emissions Disclosure Rule  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Federal Court Halts Biden Admin’s Corporate Emissions Disclosure Rule
18 hours ago Guest Blogger 

From the DAILY CALLER

NICK POPE

An appellate court paused the Biden administration’s corporate emissions disclosure rule on Friday.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit granted Liberty Energy’s request for an administrative stay against the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) corporate climate risk and emissions disclosure rule, according to a court filing. The regulation requires medium-sized and large public corporations to disclose climate change-related risks and data on the emissions created directly by their businesses in financial reports.

Liberty Energy, a company that specializes in fracking, asked the court to halt the policy’s implementation while its case works through the judicial system, according to Bloomberg. The judges who signed off on the stay did not specify why they decided to do so in the court order. (RELATED: Green Firm That Advised SEC On Proposed Emissions Rule Sold Carbon Credits From Chinese Region Known For Slave Labor)

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/03/16/federal-court-halts-biden-admins-corporate-emissions-disclosure-rule/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson