Author Topic: Thousands Boycott Tyson Foods Amid Plan To Hire 42,000 Asylum Seekers In New York  (Read 204 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Thousands Boycott Tyson Foods Amid Plan To Hire 42,000 Asylum Seekers In New York
Story by Favour Adegoke • 12h • 4 min read
IN THIS ARTICLE

Angry campaigners are urging shoppers to boycott Tyson Foods and its products amid its new move to hire thousands of asylum seekers. The food company has shut down more of its poultry and meat plants across the U.S., including facilities in Iowa, Virginia, and Arkansas, which employed over 2,000 people.

Tyson Foods has recently hired dozens of immigrants, with the offer including immigration lawyers. The boycott is motivated by the fear that immigrants are replacing Americans for low-grade jobs. Statistics have also shown that there's a significant decrease in the number of native-born Americans in the blue-collar workforce.

Shoppers Are Boycotting Tyson Foods Due To The Closures

America First Legal and many campaigners are pushing for a boycott of Tyson Foods and its products. The boycott is due to the company's recent closures of multiple poultry and meat processing plants in Iowa, Indiana, Virginia, Arkansas, and Missouri. The closures are because Tyson plans to hire thousands of asylum seekers in New York, a move that is extremely controversial among Americans.

The campaigners are accusing Tyson of using the closures to ditch American workers for cheaper migrant labor. America First Legal is a conservative action group launched by former Trump administration officials, and they've warned the company that favoring immigrants is illegal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/thousands-boycott-tyson-foods-amid-plan-to-hire-42-000-asylum-seekers-in-new-york/ar-BB1k1cA1?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=78b1d2f068594c75ae690527a871aba3&ei=58
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson