Author Topic: Trump isn’t even trying to win over Haley voters or allies  (Read 769 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump isn’t even trying to win over Haley voters or allies
« on: March 16, 2024, 07:49:05 pm »
Trump isn’t even trying to win over Haley voters or allies
By
Eden Villalovas
March 16, 2024 3:05 pm

Former President Donald Trump is not actively courting Nikki Haley or her voter base after the former United States Ambassador dropped out of the presidential race earlier this month.

Haley suspended her bid for the Republican presidential nomination after the former president sailed to victory in the Super Tuesday primary races. In her speech, she stated that she wouldn’t endorse any candidates, and they must court her supporters to get their votes. Those who helped Haley in the primary have yet to hear from Trump, Politico reported.

Art Pope, a major GOP donor to Haley and the former chair of Americans for Prosperity, the political arm of the powerful Koch network, told Politico the Trump campaign has yet to reach out to him. The new Republican National Committee Chairman, Michael Whatley, however, has contacted him regarding his support for Trump.

“I know he’s reached out to some and others he’s not,” Pope said. “But as far as the message he’s sending in his public comments and his interviews and his rallies, he has not been very conciliatory, and on the positions and on the issues, he’s doubling down, like on his proposal for the largest tax increase ever proposed by a Republican candidate for president with his tariff tax.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2924239/trump-isnt-even-trying-to-win-over-haley-voters-or-allies/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump isn’t even trying to win over Haley voters or allies
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 09:33:05 pm »
From the article….

and on the positions and on the issues, he’s doubling down, like on his proposal for the largest tax increase ever proposed by a Republican candidate for president with his tariff tax.”

Welcome to my world, Mr Pope

MAGA voters are not interested in the issues. They want the emotional rush
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 09:34:00 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 09:40:20 pm »
Americans pay 100% of those tariffs. It takes a special kind of stupid to propose more taxes on people who are already teetering on the economic edge...

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 10:14:36 pm »
"Trump isn’t even trying to win over Haley voters or allies"

There was a moment back in the Nixon White House where the president and his top aides were discussing "the Jewish vote".

It came up that something the administration had done or was planning to do would not go well with Jewish voters.

Someone (don't recall if it was Mr. Nixon or someone else in the room) said,
"Eff 'em... they don't vote for us anyway."

Same principle applies here.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 10:19:11 pm »
"Trump isn’t even trying to win over Haley voters or allies"

There was a moment back in the Nixon White House where the president and his top aides were discussing "the Jewish vote".

It came up that something the administration had done or was planning to do would not go well with Jewish voters.

Someone (don't recall if it was Mr. Nixon or someone else in the room) said,
"Eff 'em... they don't vote for us anyway."

Same principle applies here.

Except Nixon defeated his opponent handily carrying 49 states.

Trump won 2016 with less than 50% of the vote and lost the popular vote and would have lost the presidency had it not been for the EC and has been on a losing streak since then
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 11:05:57 pm »
Definitely not a smart move.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 11:12:29 pm »
Americans pay 100% of those tariffs. It takes a special kind of stupid to propose more taxes on people who are already teetering on the economic edge...

Tariffs on top of inflation and Trump’s stating he would pressure the Federal Reserve to lower interest rates, which would punish savers

What could go wrong?

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2024, 03:20:26 am »
"Anybody that makes a “Contribution” to Birdbrain, from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them, and will not accept them, because we Put America First, and ALWAYS WILL!"

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/111814072878837196

So yup, he's not only not trying to win them over, he has affirmatively barred them from supporting him.

Even though I detest her, I sent her $25 after he said that just so I could cite Trump 's own words as proof he doesn't want my support.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 03:22:27 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2024, 11:57:14 am »
Tariffs on top of inflation and Trump’s stating he would pressure the Federal Reserve to lower interest rates, which would punish savers

What could go wrong?
The bottom line for inflation stems from the increase in transportation costs for basically everything due to Biden's energy policies. Motor fuels are still pushing one and a half times what the prices were under Trump, and anything physically transported has that extra written in.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2024, 12:22:56 pm »
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/111814072878837196

So yup, he's not only not trying to win them over, he has affirmatively barred them from supporting him.

Even though I detest her, I sent her $25 after he said that just so I could cite Trump 's own words as proof he doesn't want my support.

I supported her and I gave her money just to be exiled from MAGA.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2024, 02:03:28 pm »
This has been wench hasn't spent her last 15 minutes of fame yet? 

She won't even be a decent trivia question 20 years from now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.