Author Topic: 15 Cities That Are Now So Dangerous You Can't Live There (And They Are Not NYC or LA)  (Read 2999 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
15 Cities That Are Now So Dangerous You Can't Live There (And They Are Not NYC or LA)
©Image Credit: ISoldMyHouse
In this eye-opening list provided by MoneyGeek, you will see the 15 cities with a very alarming and high crime cost per capita, making them places where safety is a primary concern and very costly, impacting residents' lifestyles.

Keep reading to reveal the places you might think twice about calling home.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/15-cities-that-are-now-so-dangerous-you-can-t-live-there-and-they-are-not-nyc-or-la/ss-BB1jZZd2?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=b756896f70944585bacb194f60e9f116&ei=41#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Our place across the river in Metro East IL, is across from STL (wife's family home).  We refuse to go to STL after dark. It's that risky.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Something has to give at some point

A country cannot stand with its cities collapsing. At one time our cities were some of the safest places to live. And they had less gun laws on top of that.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline andy58-in-nh

Nearly all of those cities seem to have something in common, other than the laughable excuse of "income disparity"...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Hoodat

For those with a strong aversion to clickbait, here's the list:

• Birmingham, AL

• New Orleans, LA

• St. Louis, MO

• Detroit, MI

• Memphis, TN

• Baltimore, MD

• Little Rock, AR

• Cleveland, OH

• Milwaukee, WI

• Kansas City, MO

• Pueblo, CO

• Oakland, CA

• San Bernardino, CA

• Philadelphia, PA

• Atlanta, GA

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Our place across the river in Metro East IL, is across from STL (wife's family home).  We refuse to go to STL after dark. It's that risky.

@catfish1957

It was already like that in the 70's.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@catfish1957

It was already like that in the 70's.

My first visit after getting married was iin the early '80's.  Back then you could at least enjoy daytime visits to the Arch Grounds, Forest Park, etc.  It's twice as bad now. Not safe during the day, and at night?  I wouldn't even want to be in my loocked Truck on the streets
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The closest I ever get to St Louis MO or for that matter, east St Louis IL is St Charles.

I always make sure I fill my tank 50 miles in either direction of St Louis so I don't have to stop. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My first visit after getting married was iin the early '80's.  Back then you could at least enjoy daytime visits to the Arch Grounds, Forest Park, etc.  It's twice as bad now. Not safe during the day, and at night?  I wouldn't even want to be in my loocked Truck on the streets

@catfish1957 

The only time (once was enough) that I went there I was so drunk I didn't even know where I was. When my wits started to return,I discovered I was parked along a sidewalk in  St.Louis (last thing I remembered was being in Norfolk,Va) in my 68 Bonneville with the "Support your local Police" bumper sticker,and wondering "How the HELL did I drive to Mogadishu?"

And taking HARD looks at me. And all I had was a 6 shot 38 Special.

The streets and sidewalks were filled with roaming blacks,it was around midnight,and people were cooking or burning stuff in 55 gallon drums pushed out in the street. It reminded me of when  I deployed to the uprising  in the Dominican  Republic in the  early 70's,with a drunken side trip to Haiti. Don't ask me why I went to Haiti because  I have  no idea. I just  work up  in an ox cart filled with hay (seriously) in Hatii. Last thing I remembered was partying with some Chinese girls in the DR.

"Hmmmm,thinks I! This MIGHT be a good time to start hauling ass out of here!",and off I went,looking for an interstate and a truck stop somewhere to find out where the  hell I was,because you can't go home until you know where you are.

NO danger at all of me going back,either. This was in the early 70's.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 08:46:51 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The closest I ever get to St Louis MO or for that matter, east St Louis IL is St Charles.

I always make sure I fill my tank 50 miles in either direction of St Louis so I don't have to stop.

@Wingnut

Smart move!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Methinks that demographics has somethin' to do with it...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 08:57:29 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Fishrrman

And now we have a new demographic taking over that might even be worse than the one we have now.

Should be entertaining to watch them gun down  each  other in the streets to see who controls the crack and the whoes.

Online the OlLine Rebel

• Birmingham, AL

• New Orleans, LA

• St. Louis, MO

• Detroit, MI

• Memphis, TN

• Baltimore, MD

• Little Rock, AR

• Cleveland, OH

• Milwaukee, WI

• Kansas City, MO

• Pueblo, CO

• Oakland, CA

• San Bernardino, CA

• Philadelphia, PA

• Atlanta, GA

I can’t believe DC doesn’t make the top 15.

Anyway, good to see Baltimore is on a list somewhere.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online the OlLine Rebel

@Fishrrman

And now we have a new demographic taking over that might even be worse than the one we have now.

Should be entertaining to watch them gun down  each  other in the streets to see who controls the crack and the whoes.

The odd thing is yes, we have too many illegals that include thugs, but we also have many who want to work and have a huge family ethic.  No, it’s not always clean, but there is some cohesion.

Meanwhile legal Demographic has little family structure at all and no work ethic either.  Their constant defense of thugs who are almost always the “victims”, with publicity, protests and riots proves they are more interested in preserving their ability to thug, than truly worried about police brutality and alleged racism.  That means the entire population, not just a significant minority.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@the OlLine Rebel

"Pueblo, CO"

More than a little surprised to see that one on the list. Was a very casual laid-back college town the last time I was there.

Offline NavyCanDo

Seattle's KOMO News back in 2019 ran a 1 hr special called "Seattle is Dying", focusing on the homeless, drugs, and the mentally ill roaming the street of downtown.   Much much worse in 2024. We can look back at 2019 as the good old days.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Now you know why you don't want Birmingham (Alabama) being the last with poll results. You can guess why.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

• Birmingham, AL

• New Orleans, LA

• St. Louis, MO

• Detroit, MI

• Memphis, TN

• Baltimore, MD

• Little Rock, AR

• Cleveland, OH

• Milwaukee, WI

• Kansas City, MO

• Pueblo, CO

• Oakland, CA

• San Bernardino, CA

• Philadelphia, PA

• Atlanta, GA

Where's Indianapolis? i go to then major cities every day for the news including Naptown. It's a rare day when I don't read about some homicide(s) mostly of the shooting type. Shootings, stabbings, robberies, etc. are daily fare.
How do people in those cities put up with that garbage?

Offline goatprairie

@catfish1957 

The only time (once was enough) that I went there I was so drunk I didn't even know where I was. When my wits started to return,I discovered I was parked along a sidewalk in  St.Louis (last thing I remembered was being in Norfolk,Va) in my 68 Bonneville with the "Support your local Police" bumper sticker,and wondering "How the HELL did I drive to Mogadishu?"

And taking HARD looks at me. And all I had was a 6 shot 38 Special.

The streets and sidewalks were filled with roaming blacks,it was around midnight,and people were cooking or burning stuff in 55 gallon drums pushed out in the street. It reminded me of when  I deployed to the uprising  in the Dominican  Republic in the  early 70's,with a drunken side trip to Haiti. Don't ask me why I went to Haiti because  I have  no idea. I just  work up  in an ox cart filled with hay (seriously) in Hatii. Last thing I remembered was partying with some Chinese girls in the DR.

"Hmmmm,thinks I! This MIGHT be a good time to start hauling ass out of here!",and off I went,looking for an interstate and a truck stop somewhere to find out where the  hell I was,because you can't go home until you know where you are.

NO danger at all of me going back,either. This was in the early 70's.

Was that you or Chevy Chase behind the wheel?

Offline LMAO

That demographic combined with a ghetto culture
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

I’m also surprised Minneapolis Minnesota isn’t on there either

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Where's Indianapolis? i go to then major cities every day for the news including Naptown. It's a rare day when I don't read about some homicide(s) mostly of the shooting type. Shootings, stabbings, robberies, etc. are daily fare.
How do people in those cities put up with that garbage?

@goatprairie

Because it is all they have ever known,so it is what they expect daily.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

• Birmingham, AL

• New Orleans, LA

• St. Louis, MO

• Detroit, MI

• Memphis, TN

• Baltimore, MD

• Little Rock, AR

• Cleveland, OH

• Milwaukee, WI

• Kansas City, MO

• Pueblo, CO

• Oakland, CA

• San Bernardino, CA

• Philadelphia, PA

• Atlanta, GA

I really expected Houston to be on the list.  :shrug:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline verga

You got that right, those darn Amish, can't trust them.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

@the OlLine Rebel

"Pueblo, CO"

More than a little surprised to see that one on the list. Was a very casual laid-back college town the last time I was there.
@sneakypete, I thought the same thing, Also surprised NYC is MIA. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.