Author Topic: The Moment You Started to Like Donald Trump  (Read 679 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Moment You Started to Like Donald Trump
« on: March 16, 2024, 01:57:35 pm »
March 16, 2024
The Moment You Started to Like Donald Trump
By Stephan Helgesen

Let’s be honest.  You know you like Trump, even if you hate him.  And I know the reason why.  You were brought up to avoid all people who exaggerated or stretched the truth or who portrayed themselves to be winners by denigrating the opposition.  Your parents taught you to be humble and not brag about yourself, even in those instances when it was warranted.  In school, your teachers routinely took you down a peg if you thought you were better than the guy who sat next to you.  If you felt you knew more than your teacher and showed it, you got detention and a letter about your behavior was sent home with you to your father.

In Boy Scouts, the Scoutmaster encouraged teamwork, and so did your high school football coach.  Individual sports such as gymnastics were also “team-driven” sports, and any wins that accrued were shared accomplishments with other team members.  After graduation, when you entered the world of business or academia, the same sentiments applied, except in business, especially if your job was to bring the bacon home to your company.  Salesmen were judged on their merits, and bonuses were given on performance.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/03/the_moment_you_started_to_like_donald_trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: The Moment You Started to Like Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 02:06:06 pm »
I'd venture that no more than actually 10-15% of our population actulally likes Trump.  He is the ultimate of lesser of two evils. 

If the dims had ran someone like Zell Miller, Sam Nunn or Scoop Jackson, I'd vote dim.  And to be blunt I have never voted for even one democrat my entire voting life (1975-2024)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 02:52:46 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 02:34:16 pm »
I don't like his behavior, his lack of discipline, or his penchant for self-sabotage.

But Trump clearly loves America, and won't emulate Biden and the Progressives in working to destroy everything good and decent about this nation.

Right now: that's enough for me.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online LMAO

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 02:37:26 pm »
Article such as this implies that not voting for Donald Trump is based on an emotional reaction vs a record and policy concerns

If a Democrat president added more in dollar amounts to our national of debt than any other president before him in the shortest time and at a time when debt GDP ratio was already over 100%, or put Fauci in charge of his Covid task force and shut down the economy and oversaw trillions of dollars printed and distributed out into the country to pay people to stay home and insisted his name was on those checks, placed tariffs on goods from overseas that threatened the economy and bailed out farmers hurt by that policy and bragged about it and his promising to do more, proposed things like “freedom cities” and “baby bonuses” with the country that’s well over $30 trillion in debt, that sided with Disney,  and Bud Light in the culture wars and changes position on issues simply because a donor told him to, would we be arguing for that person’s reelection?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 02:38:12 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 02:57:26 pm »
Article such as this implies that not voting for Donald Trump is based on an emotional reaction vs a record and policy concerns

If a Democrat president added more in dollar amounts to our national of debt than any other president before him in the shortest time and at a time when debt GDP ratio was already over 100%, or put Fauci in charge of his Covid task force and shut down the economy and oversaw trillions of dollars printed and distributed out into the country to pay people to stay home and insisted his name was on those checks, placed tariffs on goods from overseas that threatened the economy and bailed out farmers hurt by that policy and bragged about it and his promising to do more, proposed things like “freedom cities” and “baby bonuses” with the country that’s well over $30 trillion in debt, that sided with Disney,  and Bud Light in the culture wars and changes position on issues simply because a donor told him to, would we be arguing for that person’s reelection?

He's become a Kerry like Flip-flopper of late (see Tik Tok), which begs to say, Donny, back in '16 you bragged abut being so rich and independent, that you wouldn't be beholding to influence cash.  To me, you are becoming part of the swamp you promised to drain.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 03:04:17 pm »
He's become a Kerry like Flip-flopper of late (see Tik Tok), which begs to say, Donny, back in '16 you bragged abut being so rich and independent, that you wouldn't be beholding to influence cash.  To me, you are becoming part of the swamp you promised to drain.

And what guarantees do we have that, if he gets enough money from corporate America for his campaign in exchange for changing his stance on illegal immigration, that he won’t?
Especially when he can’t run a second term and doesn’t have to worry about maintaining the votes of his supporters?

I think he’s taking his supporters for a ride and they don’t realize that they’re being duped

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 03:10:05 pm »

And what guarantees do we have that, if he gets enough money from corporate America for his campaign in exchange for changing his stance on illegal immigration, that he won’t?
Especially when he can’t run a second term and doesn’t have to worry about maintaining the votes of his supporters?

I think he’s taking his supporters for a ride and they don’t realize that they’re being duped

I've called him an orange trojan horse since day 1, and his tactics have included hijacking the party in a way that makes conservatives like pariahs.  4 in 5 republicans supported him in the primary.  Sadly that's a heck of a lot of duping, and even sadder that our side is that stupid and gullible.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 03:24:46 pm »
I'm sure he'll blame the civil judgments against him for taking away his ability to be independent. But don't worry, when he's elected, he'll be everything he promises...
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 03:26:17 pm »
About the author:
Stephan Helgesen is a retired career U.S. diplomat who lived and worked in 30 countries for 25 years during the Reagan, GHW Bush, Clinton, and G.W. Bush administrations.
You don't get much more "swamp creature" than this.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 03:30:40 pm »
There's a lot of things about Donald Trump that I like.  It's just that I don't want a liberal running the country.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 05:54:31 pm »
 :pop41:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 08:04:46 pm »
The Moment You Started to DISLike Donald Trump

Online the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2024, 08:19:39 pm »
Didn’t have a particular feel about Trump before he burst onto 2016.  Before that, he threw in for a bit a couple times but bowed out early.

I figured he had multiple marriages so something might be up there, and the last, Melania, was far too young for him, so even more is suspect something is wrong.

That last I found out due to his shows.

Largely I still didn’t have much opinion on Trump watching the shows.  EXCEPT, I’m very impressed with his children, and he seems fair, and boy he has a lot of questionable friends (esp. seeing Celebrity version).

So that gave me some insight, but once he started mouthing off in campaigns and talking like a child, I knew I probably won’t much like him.  That increased with his presidency when he kept unseemly campaigning (never done before) complete with childish insults.  Moreso when he enabled the COVID Hysteria, and didn’t do a damn thing about those endless summer Riots.

I hold my nose for Trump.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.