Author Topic: USAF Slashes Plans for MH-139 Helicopter Fleet Size, Locations  (Read 429 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
USAF Slashes Plans for MH-139 Helicopter Fleet Size, Locations
March 15, 2024 | By Greg Hadley

The Air Force is dramatically scaling back its plans for the MH-139 Grey Wolf helicopter, cutting its projected fleet from 80 to 42 aircraft and reducing the number of bases that will host the new chopper.

For now, that means some units will continue to operate the aging UN-1N Huey, some of which have been flying since the Vietnam War.

The Air Force’s original plan was to procure 84 helicopters to provide security and transport across sprawling ICBM fields, senior leader and executive airlift in the National Capital Region, and aircrew survival training.

That plan was later trimmed to 80 aircraft, and the service’s 2025 budget documents now show a cut all the way down to 36. However, an Air Force spokeswoman told Air & Space Forces Magazine that the program of record would actually be 42 helicopters since six test aircraft were already delivered.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/usaf-cuts-mh-139-helicopter-fleet/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: USAF Slashes Plans for MH-139 Helicopter Fleet Size, Locations
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 01:49:37 pm »
Those biggest threats in the US military currently are cut, slash, delay, downsize. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: USAF Slashes Plans for MH-139 Helicopter Fleet Size, Locations
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 11:11:29 pm »
Well, the BUFF pilots are flying Grandpa's airframes, why not they guys in the helos, too?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis