Author Topic: DHS deletes deportation warning to illegal immigrants to avoid causing ‘undue stress,’ report says  (Read 133 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DHS deletes deportation warning to illegal immigrants to avoid causing ‘undue stress,’ report says

FEBRUARY 08, 2021 ELIZABETH LAWRENCE

Department of Homeland Security officials on Wednesday deleted a standard warning sent to immigrants who face deportation due to overstayed visas out of concerns that the practice could make illegal immigrants feel “undue stress.”

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services issued the directive to remove the warning, which said, “This guidance will ensure the Agency is not placing undue stress on the customer who believes he/she may or may not receive an NTA based on the information provided in their denial notification,” said the directive, which was viewed by Washington Times.

The order reverses a Trump policy that referred migrants for deportation when their application for legal immigration is rejected, a process officially known as Notice to Appear (NTA). An NTA is comparable to a summons to immigration court where a judge determines whether the migrant is permitted to stay in the country, the Times said.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/02/dhs-deletes-deportation-warning-to-illegal-immigrants-to-avoid-causing-undue-stress-report-says/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson