Author Topic: The scenario that could bring Joe Manchin back to the Senate  (Read 487 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The scenario that could bring Joe Manchin back to the Senate
« on: March 16, 2024, 01:14:17 pm »
The scenario that could bring Joe Manchin back to the Senate
By
Samantha-Jo Roth
March 16, 2024 6:00 am

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) likes to keep the political world on the edge, and he’s doing so again by teasing a “long-shot scenario” to reconsider his retirement as West Virginia‘s senior senator.

The 76-year-old Democrat had discussed a situation where he may make a late entry into the Senate race as an independent with the backing of Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) but also conceded he is unlikely to reconsider his decision not to run for reelection.

“I think that’s a long, long, long-shot scenario,” Manchin told CNN. “So I don’t anticipate that happening.”

Democratic sources with knowledge of the senator’s thinking say he could decide to get into the race if Don Blankenship wins the Democratic primary in the state. The former West Virginia coal executive filed paperwork in late January to run as a Democrat in the seat that’s being vacated by Manchin after losing the election by a wide margin when he ran for Senate as a Republican in 2018.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/senate/2923452/scenario-bring-joe-manchin-back-to-the-senate/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The scenario that could bring Joe Manchin back to the Senate
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 11:24:25 pm »
Haven't those mountain folks down in West Virginia wised up yet?

WVa is now one of the "reddest" states in the country. Time to say so long to Manchin...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 11:47:25 pm »
If Blankenship wins the Dem primary and Joe is a late entry as "independent," I'm not sure West Virginians will welcome it. I'm afraid our idiot governor will win the Republican nomination and, ultimately, the Senate seat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 12:52:40 am »
Joe, you are 76.  Let it go.  Shuffle off to Buffalo....

Why can't these swamp efers ever let it go?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.