Author Topic: Marriage promotes 'White supremacy,' according to White university professor  (Read 2249 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Marriage promotes 'White supremacy,' according to White university professor
Story by Kendall Tietz • 12h

"Marriage fundamentalism" promotes the ideas of "White supremacy," according to a White George Mason University professor.

Professor Bethany Letiecq wrote in the Journal of Marriage and Family about her theory "that marriage fundamentalism, like structural racism, is a key structuring element of White heteropatriarchal supremacy."

"Marriage fundamentalism can be understood as an ideological and cultural phenomenon, where adherents espouse the superiority of the two-parent married family," she wrote. "But it is also a hidden or unacknowledged structural mechanism of White heteropatriarchal family supremacy that is essential to the reproduction and maintenance of family inequality in the United States."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/marriage-promotes-white-supremacy-according-to-white-university-professor/ar-BB1jYK8O?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=0793b02e93f346f6b9570fc2d58acc51&ei=81
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online LMAO

This shows how desperate the left has become to find racism to support their “America is a systemically racist country” narrative
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I believe the correct definition is "Educated beyond her ability  to comprehend."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

I just ate half a peanut butter sandwich.
Yep. White supremacy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

Tearing apart the black family has been very destructive. Why would somebody think that promoting the idea of marriage and a two parent family is somehow bad for the development of black children?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
First off,  what is with this AWFL.*  Bethany, you ignorant, misguided slut! Once again, you missed the point entirely.   

*"affluent white female liberal"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

Ridiculous twit - And I use that in it's British interchangeability.

The oldest institution on the planet is marriage. The single most prevalent institution on the planet - Totally transcending all borders. Anywhere you go a wife is a defined thing, and always the same. Anywhere you go, an husband is a defined thing, and always the same.

It doesn't matter what color or creed. It is as much a universal part of the human condition as the terms father and mother.

These idiots are messin with ancient things.  Those things have a reason for their longevity and ubiquitous nature...

As a Conservative I will point that out. It is not the right way to go.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 08:21:05 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ridiculous twit - And I use that in it's British interchangeability.

The oldest institution on the planet is marriage. The single most prevalent institution on the planet - Totally transcending all borders. Anywhere you go a wife is a defined thing, and always the same. Anywhere you go, an husband is a defined thing, and always the same.

It doesn't matter what color or creed. It is as much a universal part of the human condition as the terms father and mother.

These idiots are messin with ancient things.  Those things have a reason for their longevity and ubiquitous nature...

As a Conservative I will point that out. It is not the right way to go.
!
@roamer_1

Technically,I think the correct term in most of the world has been "mate" for most of history. I am GUESSING the terms "husband and wife" only came along after the "birth" of Christianity  in Europe,and then spread.

And I am NOT going to talk about sailors and  their "shipmates". No SIR! NOT gonna touch THAT one

Offline roamer_1

!
@roamer_1

Technically,I think the correct term in most of the world has been "mate" for most of history. I am GUESSING the terms "husband and wife" only came along after the "birth" of Christianity  in Europe,and then spread.

And I am NOT going to talk about sailors and  their "shipmates". No SIR! NOT gonna touch THAT one

You are incorrect, @sneakypete Every language has 'wife, husband' Every religion marries men to women. Monogamous marriage is the norm.

There are elites that have multiple wives, and some religions allow for it, but it is not the norm. The average joe, damn near everywhere, has a single wife for life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You are incorrect, @sneakypete Every language has 'wife, husband' Every religion marries men to women. Monogamous marriage is the norm.

There are elites that have multiple wives, and some religions allow for it, but it is not the norm. The average joe, damn near everywhere, has a single wife for life.

@roamer_1

The lucky ones,anyway.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

The lucky ones,anyway.

That's the gold standard. There are variations, but that is generally what everyone is shooting for... Across colors, across cultures. It is not a 'white man' thing, or a 'Christian' thing.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
  :facepalm2:
They are making the case for White people. Essentially, it all boils down to being White is 'superior'. Everything 'White' is superior. This is the Black argument. All things 'White' are White supremacy!

I am not saying this ... this is the argument of the racist 'White haters' who are mostly rich White millionaires.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline rustynail

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They are making the case for White people. Essentially, it all boils down to being White is 'superior'. Everything 'White' is superior. This is the Black argument. All things 'White' are White supremacy!

I am not saying this ... this is the argument of the racist 'White haters' who are mostly rich White millionaires.

Yup It's the self loathing AWLF's driving this BS.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 999yawn
Yup It's the self loathing AWLF's driving this BS.

@Wingnut

Not even close. They ARE the "beating heart at the center",though.

Who has ALWAYS driven this has primarily been the various "Ref-runs" like JJ and "De Reverund Al".

The actual "drivers",of course have been the globalist billionaires who hoped to use it as a tool to advance their goal of running the world as owners and shareholders.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

It isn't the color of our skin, it's the culture. Adopt the ideas of a stable family, of real education, of hard work, and of solid morals, and regardless of the color of your skin, the content of your character will prevail, and you, too, will be successful. Abandon those and your life will be worse, again, regardless of the color of your skin.

It really is that simple.

And whatever guilt the liberal whites who hate themselves feel, it is likely from inheriting or swindling their way to prosperity they do not believe they deserve. Quit projecting that on all the hard working people out here who have earned every bit of what they have.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

It isn't the color of our skin, it's the culture.
I agree. Unwed pregnancy, lack of interest in marriage or responsibility, unwillingness to work, living on the dole, and the like are not unique to any particular ethnicity. I certainly see it in my 97% white state. Just finished a novel set in a small English town, and the same type of characters appeared there. They could have been from our town.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

It isn't the color of our skin, it's the culture. Adopt the ideas of a stable family, of real education, of hard work, and of solid morals, and regardless of the color of your skin, the content of your character will prevail, and you, too, will be successful. Abandon those and your life will be worse, again, regardless of the color of your skin.

It really is that simple.

There.
You've done it.
You've natively described an hierarchical meritocracy.
Imagine that.  :whistle:

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
They don't get much more radical in wanting to destroy America.

Bethany Letiecq is an associate professor in the College of Education and Human Development, specializing in the utilization of community-based participatory action research approaches, anti-racist research methods (see https://cehd.gmu.edu/faculty-and-research/anti-racist-research-methods/), and mixed method designs (e.g., qualitative and quantiative methods) in partnership with minoritized and marginalized families. In her work, she documents the structural forces (law, policies, practices) that cause stressors, erode family health, and hinder family functioning. She also examines the ways families adapt and adjust to and resist structural forces, including structural racism and inequality, to achieve their goals. Guided by community partners, she works to translate research to action for systems change.

Currently, she is working on several projects in Virginia: 1) documenting the lived experiences of Black families residing in public housing targeted for redevelopment; 2) conducting research and action with undocumented immigrant families mainly from Central America to document their health and family and community contexts, including housing and engagement within the public school system; and 3) evaluating family-based health and nutrition interventions with Central American and other immigrant families. Previosuly, she worked in partnership with Native American and White grandparents rearing grandchildren, successfully advocating for law changes in Montana to advance grandparent rights when providing primary care of their grandchildren. She also worked with Mexican migrants to Montana to support access to health care, education-based services, and migrant justice. With her community partners, she co-founded the Montana Immigrant Justice Alliance (MIJA.org), a statewide nonprofit working for immigrant rights, and Amigas de la Comunidad, a NOVA-based community advisory board.

Dr. Letiecq primarily teaches research methods courses. She serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Marriage and Family and the Journal of Family Theory and Review and has published her research in such professional outlets as Journal of Marriage and Family, Family Relations, Journal of Family Theory and Review, Journal of Family and Community Health, Journal of Family Issues, Journal of Intergenerational Relationships, Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, and Health Education and Behavior. She is affiliated with the National Council on Family Relations (President-elect 2021-2023; President 2023-2025), the Council on Contemporary Families, Law and Society Association, and the American Educational Research Association, among others. She currently serves as the Vice-President of the GMU Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and President of the VA Conference of the AAUP.

Email: bletiecq@gmu.edu
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online LMAO

They don't get much more radical in wanting to destroy America.

Bethany Letiecq is an associate professor in the College of Education and Human Development, specializing in the utilization of community-based participatory action research approaches, anti-racist research methods (see https://cehd.gmu.edu/faculty-and-research/anti-racist-research-methods/), and mixed method designs (e.g., qualitative and quantiative methods) in partnership with minoritized and marginalized families. In her work, she documents the structural forces (law, policies, practices) that cause stressors, erode family health, and hinder family functioning. She also examines the ways families adapt and adjust to and resist structural forces, including structural racism and inequality, to achieve their goals. Guided by community partners, she works to translate research to action for systems change.

Currently, she is working on several projects in Virginia: 1) documenting the lived experiences of Black families residing in public housing targeted for redevelopment; 2) conducting research and action with undocumented immigrant families mainly from Central America to document their health and family and community contexts, including housing and engagement within the public school system; and 3) evaluating family-based health and nutrition interventions with Central American and other immigrant families. Previosuly, she worked in partnership with Native American and White grandparents rearing grandchildren, successfully advocating for law changes in Montana to advance grandparent rights when providing primary care of their grandchildren. She also worked with Mexican migrants to Montana to support access to health care, education-based services, and migrant justice. With her community partners, she co-founded the Montana Immigrant Justice Alliance (MIJA.org), a statewide nonprofit working for immigrant rights, and Amigas de la Comunidad, a NOVA-based community advisory board.

Dr. Letiecq primarily teaches research methods courses. She serves on the editorial boards of the Journal of Marriage and Family and the Journal of Family Theory and Review and has published her research in such professional outlets as Journal of Marriage and Family, Family Relations, Journal of Family Theory and Review, Journal of Family and Community Health, Journal of Family Issues, Journal of Intergenerational Relationships, Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health, and Health Education and Behavior. She is affiliated with the National Council on Family Relations (President-elect 2021-2023; President 2023-2025), the Council on Contemporary Families, Law and Society Association, and the American Educational Research Association, among others. She currently serves as the Vice-President of the GMU Chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP) and President of the VA Conference of the AAUP.

Email: bletiecq@gmu.edu

The dumbest and most destructive ideas seem to spring from our universities

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I agree. Unwed pregnancy, lack of interest in marriage or responsibility, unwillingness to work, living on the dole, and the like are not unique to any particular ethnicity. I certainly see it in my 97% white state. Just finished a novel set in a small English town, and the same type of characters appeared there. They could have been from our town.

@mountaineer

Accepting personal responsibility for your actions is key to it all,regardless of background,race,or any other factor.

The obvious exception,of course,being people who are retarded,but even the retarded people seem to be non-violent.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The dumbest and most destructive ideas seem to spring from our universities

@LMAO

That is probably because they have no experience with real life.

Offline andy58-in-nh

@LMAO

That is probably because they have no experience with real life.

@sneakypete

And in turn, that is why they create Alternative Universes, filled with concepts and words that have absolutely no cognates in the real world.

I have come to see such academic theorists as increasingly possessed by a form of mental illness, wherein they are free to manufacture worlds in which they can justify their fears, anxieties and grievances. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline roamer_1

@sneakypete

And in turn, that is why they create Alternative Universes, filled with concepts and words that have absolutely no cognates in the real world.

I have come to see such academic theorists as increasingly possessed by a form of mental illness, wherein they are free to manufacture worlds in which they can justify their fears, anxieties and grievances.

All of that is somewhat alright - we all have our foibles.
The problems begin when those fantasies start to be applied to reality in a vain attempt to supplant reality.
The hubris is unmatched.
But the end will always be the same.