Author Topic: Texas GOP chair Matt Rinaldi won’t seek reelection  (Read 317 times)

Offline corbe

Texas GOP chair Matt Rinaldi won’t seek reelection
« on: March 16, 2024, 12:19:53 am »
Texas GOP chair Matt Rinaldi won’t seek reelection

Story by Robert Downen

Republican Party of Texas Chair Matt Rinaldi announced Friday that he will not seek reelection, ending a three-year tenure that was marked by an escalating GOP civil war, white supremacy scandal and historic 2024 primary gains for the party’s right wing.

“After almost three years serving as Chairman, traveling the state and spending many long nights on the road, it is time for me to focus on my obligations as a husband to my wife, Corley, and as a father to my six-year-old son, Rush,” Rinaldi said in a Friday afternoon statement. “I ran for State Chairman on a platform of growing the party, increasing its influence and making it one that effectively amplifies the voice of grassroots Republicans. I am happy to report we were successful on all accounts.”
Rinaldi has chaired the Texas GOP since 2021, when he was elected by the party’s executive committee to replace outgoing Chair Allen West. He was then reelected by delegates of the 2022 state GOP convention.

His announcement comes amid an ongoing civil war between the Texas GOP’s far-right and more moderate, but still deeply conservative, wings. Rinaldi has been a key player in that fight as chairman, often accusing more moderate Republicans such as House Speaker Dade Phelan of being insufficiently conservative.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/03/15/matt-rinaldi-texas-republican-chair-reelection/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.