Author Topic: Yet ANOTHER United Airlines Boeing 737 has been forced to make an emergency landing after a panel fe  (Read 981 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This seems to be symptomatic of a much bigger problem, which is that all of our large institutions -- both private and public -- are broken and inefficient. This includes our schools and universities, large retailers, fast food, and large manufacturers. It is not just a matter of cutting corners, but blatant incompetence, which is apparent everywhere. I can't help but think our generation-long experiment with "diversity" is now yielding the predicted result. Getting back to operating under normal parameters is going to be a difficult challenge.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I worked in an industry where we were held accountable for the quality of our work. I joked for years, that If I did not screw up on this job, not only did I get paid, but I got another opportunity to not screw up...
But there were not nearly as many lives involved, just more money than I am likely to ever see.

I must note that the problems seem to be happening not only with Boeing built aircraft, but with those in United's fleet.

Does someone have enough of a hard-on for United that they are sabotaging their aircraft?

Maybe someone who knows Boeing's line best? (These aren't necessarily the sort of malfunctions that will be fatal to the airframe, or even most of the passengers, but they are sure headline grabbers.)

Is someone looking to trash United's stock value and buy up a lot of interest in the company (ditto for Boeing, since they seem to be getting a lot of the blame, even for problems with aircraft that have been in service for years).

Is this a result of DEI and hiring people not as competent at maintenance as they are at checking the right boxes?

Are these acts of terrorism by a foreign or domestic group?

One or more of these factors may be at play. Or it could be as simple as needing to drug test the crews who work on the planes.

In the oil industry, there were pre-hire, random, and post-accident drug tests. If anyone got hurt or there was some sort of major malfunction, or even if some just started acting weird, they got tested. (It's a shame we can't do that with Congress and Federal Agencies, not to mention POTUS).

Every crew who worked on these planes should be subject to investigation.

Just saying.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

Merit is no longer the primary qualifier for employment at these large corporations. The race to "diversity" comes before competence or experience. This will have profound consequences across many sectors as the results of these efforts come to fruition. America is in man-made decline.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 02:57:36 pm by DB »

Offline NavyCanDo

It was a 25 year old 737-800. This is solely on United maintenance and something maybe missed during the pilot pre flight walk around.  Those wing to body panels are meant to be removed for inspection and are many times through the life of the airplane.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It was a 25 year old 737-800. This is solely on United maintenance and something maybe missed during the pilot pre flight walk around.  Those wing to body panels are meant to be removed for inspection and are many times through the life of the airplane.
I suspected it was something like that. Note the propaganda press against Boeing, though. (granted, the door plug is possibly on them if their shop was he problem).

But it seems United is having a pervasive and attention getting maintenance/inspection issue. That could be a result of DEI in a couple of ways: either the personnel being hired are incompetent, or someone else wants to make it look that way.  :shrug: :pop41:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline NavyCanDo

I suspected it was something like that. Note the propaganda press against Boeing, though. (granted, the door plug is possibly on them if their shop was he problem).

But it seems United is having a pervasive and attention getting maintenance/inspection issue. That could be a result of DEI in a couple of ways: either the personnel being hired are incompetent, or someone else wants to make it look that way.  :shrug: :pop41:
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This seems to be symptomatic of a much bigger problem, which is that all of our large institutions -- both private and public -- are broken and inefficient. This includes our schools and universities, large retailers, fast food, and large manufacturers. It is not just a matter of cutting corners, but blatant incompetence, which is apparent everywhere. I can't help but think our generation-long experiment with "diversity" is now yielding the predicted result. Getting back to operating under normal parameters is going to be a difficult challenge.

“Nothing is more certain than that a general profligacy and corruption of manners make a people ripe for destruction. A good form of government may hold the rotten materials together for some time, but beyond a certain pitch, even the best constitution will be ineffectual, and slavery must ensue.”

John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men, 1776

Unfortunately, WE have arrived.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Merit is no longer the primary qualifier for employment at these large corporations. The race to "diversity" comes before competence or experience. This will have profound consequences across many sectors as the results of these efforts come to fruition. America is in man-made decline.

And as it further seeps in fields, such as medicine, our decline will be accelerated

But you can rest assured that many of these DEI activist will have the best doctors and competent pilots
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy