Author Topic: Manchin might shock Washington with last-minute effort to return  (Read 213 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin might shock Washington with last-minute effort to return
By
Eden Villalovas
March 15, 2024 9:57 am

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) isn’t giving up on keeping Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) in his chamber.

Manchin took himself out of contention for higher office when he bowed out of running for reelection last November and rejected calls to run for president in February. But Schumer recently floated a long-shot proposal of the centrist senator running as an independent in West Virginia’s Senate race, cutting off a prime seat that would help Republicans regain control of the chamber.

“I think that’s a long, long, long-shot scenario,” Manchin told CNN about running as an independent candidate. “So I don’t anticipate that happening. I don’t anticipate running.”

When pressed whether the door was entirely closed before the summer filing deadline, Manchin said, “I don’t know if anything in Washington, D.C., is 100%.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/2922337/manchin-might-shock-washington-last-minute-effort-return/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Manchin might shock Washington with last-minute effort to return
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 08:04:45 pm »
Dim desperation on parade.

What makes Scummer think that Manchin could win a 3-way race?  Unless WV law dictates a post Nov. runoff.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.