Author Topic: Boeing accused of overwriting security footage of door plug repair after panel blowout  (Read 446 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military news by  Evan Rosen - New York Daily News 3/15/2024

Boeing security footage, which may have offered insight into how a door panel blew off an Alaska Airlines plane mid-flight, was “overwritten” and is now lost, according to a letter published Wednesday from the National Transportation Safety Board.

“To date, we still do not know who performed the work to open, reinstall, and close the door plug on the accident aircraft,” wrote NTSB Chairman Jennifer Homendy in her letter to the Senate Commerce Committee, essentially accusing the company of trying to hide information. “Boeing has informed us that they are unable to find the records documenting this work.”

The NTSB had requested the footage as part of its ongoing investigation into Alaska Airlines Flight 1282, which experienced a door panel blowout at an altitude of 16,000 feet just minutes after takeoff from Portland, Ore. on Jan. 5.

No one was hurt in the incident, but the blowout left a gaping hole in the side of the Boeing 737 Max 9 aircraft. It also raised new questions into how regulators declared the plane safe for takeoff.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2024/03/boeing-accused-of-overwriting-security-footage-of-door-plug-repair-after-panel-blowout/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm sure the unwritten rule is "Don't mess up executive bonuses."

There is definitely something rotten with Boeing corporate culture.  This comes from the Board of Directors down.  Those executives and managers with oversight responsibility need to be fired, if not prosecuted and convicted.

If Boeing fails, is there another American commercial airline manufacturer that can compete with AirBus, Embraer, and Bombardier?

If Boeing fails, it's another blow to American exceptionalism and prestige.

Maybe Boeing should spin-off its military aircraft and contract operations into a separate company to reduce the conflict of interest for the commercial aircraft manufacturing business.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What? Aircraft that shoot themselves down aren't in demand?

They'd better get their sh*t together.

Popped up on a search:

"China has a component role on every current Boeing commercial airplane model — the 737, 747, 767, 777 and 787 Dreamliner. More than 10,000 Boeing airplanes currently fly throughout the world with parts and assemblies built in China."

I will drive east next trip...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis