Author Topic: White House: We’re Still Making Inflation Progress, Last Two Months Had ‘Seasonality’  (Read 457 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: We’re Still Making Inflation Progress, Last Two Months Had ‘Seasonality’

Ian Hanchett 14 Mar 2024

During an interview with Bloomberg on Thursday, White House National Economic Council Deputy Director Daniel Hornung stated that “our progress on inflation does continue,” but “we’ve expected some seasonality in January and February. We didn’t expect the progress to continue on a straight line.”

Hornung said, [relevant remarks begin around 3:30] “I won’t comment on monetary policy and the Federal Reserve. I think what I can say, if you take a step back, our progress on inflation does continue, down from a peak of 9% to the 3% range. Always, I think, we’ve expected some seasonality in January and February. We didn’t expect the progress to continue on a straight line. But I think if you look at what we have from CPI and PPI and now looking ahead to core PCE for the month of February, expect some continued progress there on that core annual inflation number. And from the president’s perspective, I think, as you saw in the State of the Union, a continued focus on his part of continuing to really make clear to the American people that he has a series of plans that would lower costs for American consumers and really drawing a contrast with Republicans in Congress who have not taken up his plans, and, in some cases, have focused more on other issues like tax cuts for large corporations and the wealthy.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/03/14/white-house-were-still-making-inflation-progress-last-two-months-had-seasonality/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Seasonality" is the new "Transitory".   they must think we are stupid.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Even though your house is 2/3 gone, we've managed to get it down to burning at only a fraction of the rate it was.

Progress!
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Christmas Trees have "seasonality".

Biden's Inflation has "stickiness".
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

Their arguments are going to get weaker and more ridiculous in the coming months
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy