Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Fani Willis can stay on Trump election case if she cuts ties with *lover* prosecutor  (Read 1977 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I had a feeling he would keep her..especially since he is up for re-election...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Polly Ticks

Ugh.  Of course, she's allowed to continue.   What a farce.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge Scott McAfee Rules Fani Willis Can Remain on Trump Case if She Fires ex-Lover Wade

Wendell Husebø 15 Mar 2024

Fulton County Judge Scott McAfee ruled Friday that Fulton County Prosecutor Fani Willis can remain on the Donald Trump case if Nathan Wade, fellow prosecutor and ex-lover, is removed by Willis or voluntarily resigns.

“The choice is likely to be an easy one: If Willis were to remove herself, the case would come to a halt, but having Wade leave will ensure the case continues without further delay,” NBC News reported.

McAfee found the two former lovers only engaged in an “appearance of impropriety,” which should result in Willis leaving her office if Wade is not removed from the case.

“The prosecution is encumbered by an appearance of impropriety,” he wrote. “As the case moves forward, reasonable members of the public could easily be left to wonder whether the financial exchanges have continued resulting in some form of benefit to the District Attorney, or even whether the romantic relationship has resumed,” he continued. “As long as Wade remains on the case, this unnecessary perception will persist.”

McAfee ruled the former lovers’ relationship produced no “actual conflict” that would force Willis from the case.

“Without sufficient evidence that the District Attorney acquired a personal stake in the prosecution, or that her financial arrangements had any impact on the case, the Defendants’ claims of an actual conflict must be denied,” the judge found:

This finding is by no means an indication that the Court condones this tremendous lapse in judgment or the unprofessional manner of the District Attorney’s testimony during the evidentiary hearing. Rather, it is the undersigned’s opinion that Georgia law does not permit the finding of an actual conflict for simply making bad choices — even repeatedly — and it is the trial court’s duty to confine itself to the relevant issues and applicable law properly brought before it.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/15/judge-scott-mcafee-rules-fani-willis-can-remain-on-trump-case-if-she-fires-ex-lover-wade/
Support the USO

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Weak and cowardly ruling on the obvious.   How does the judge expect anyone to have any faith in the fairness of the proceedings moving forward?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The rule of law in this country is completely in the toilet!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Weak and cowardly ruling on the obvious.   How does the judge expect anyone to have any faith in the fairness of the proceedings moving forward?

The judge used to work with Fani..she was his boss...they're friends  :whistle:
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
The judge used to work with Fani..she was his boss...they're friends  :whistle:

Indeed.  I also just read a good analysis that he really doesn't want to end the case to please his constituents but is punting the outcome to the more politically insulated Appellate Courts.  Makes sense.  Profile in courage it ain't though.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
After watching the Willis deliberations, I knew this judge was a feckless wet noodle.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸
@mtgreenee
Judge McAfee worked for Fani Willis and donated to her campaign AND has now ruled that Fani can keep prosecuting Trump but only if she removes her lover Nathan Wade off the case!

Judge McAfee should have recused himself in the first place because of his obvious bias.

Fani Willis lied under oath in his courtroom!

Fani and Wade conspired with the Whitehouse and Jan 6th Committee, talk about RICO charges!

Fani Willis overpaid her lover Nathan Wade as he had zero experience with RICO cases, abuse of taxpayer funds!

And the Georgia Ethics board needs to seriously investigate both Fani Willis and Nathan Wade, I’ve filed multiple complaints!

The corruption in Fulton County, Georgia is some of the worst in the nation.

It makes most of us in Georgia sick.
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So the judge punted to save his campaign, even though his impossibly high standard for Phony Willis isn't being given to Trump. The appearance of impropriety alone should knock her off this case.

I've heard there's alot more dirt and shenanigans to be revealed, hope someone out there will keep digging.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Monica Crowley
@MonicaCrowley
Judge McAfee rules that Nathan Wade must step aside in the Georgia case in order for Fani Willis to stay on.

McAfee is a Democrat who worked for Willis, donated to her campaign, voted for her, & is up for re-election so he was never going to disqualify her.

Apparently it's OK for her to lie to the Court but nobody else.  Man, these judges and prosecutors are twisting the law beyond all recognition to get Trump.

Meanwhile, she will bounce Wade so fast your head will spin.

The corruption runs so deep.  Everywhere.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Friendly Reminder: Judge Scott McAfee Donated to Fani Willis’s Campaign in 2020 – And So Did His Wife
by Jim Hoft Mar. 15, 2024 9:10 am

Here’s today’s friendly reminder.

Judge Scott McAfee, who refused to remove Fani Willis from her junk RICO case against President Trump despite perjuring herself under oath about the length of their relationship, donated to Fani Willis’s campaign.

https://twitter.com/TheCharlesDowns/status/1768630808112247202

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/03/friendly-reminder-judge-scott-mcafee-donated-fani-williss/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Will Chamberlain
@willchamberlain
I've read Judge McAfee's opinion even more closely now, and I think it has one big legal flaw (that others have hinted at)

He found, factually, that the "District Attorney's prosecution is encumbered by an appearance of impropriety" and that it came about as result of "specific conduct, and impacts more than a 'nebulous' public interest because it concerns a public prosecutor."

He also found that "an odor of mendacity remains" and that "reasonable questions about whether the District Attorney and her hand-selected lead SADA testified untruthfully...further underpin the finding of an appearance of impropriety."

McAfee also held that an appearance of impropriety can warrant disqualification of individual prosecutors, BUT not the prosecutor's office as a whole, and further held that removing Wade would "cure" the appearance of impropriety.

I just don't think this last legal holding can survive appellate scrutiny. The appearance of impropriety implicates BOTH Willis and Wade. There are reasonable questions about whether Willis testified truthfully and about whether she financially gained from the prosecution. Those questions don't just go away if Wade withdraws.

Further, the cases Judge McAfee cites for the proposition that an appearance of impropriety doesn't require the whole office to be DQ'd are cases where it was the line prosecutor who had the conflict issues, not the elected district attorney. When it's a line prosecutor, sure, it's easy enough to just replace that specific prosecutor and cure the issue. But when it's the elected DA who has the conflict - well, every prosecutor in the office reports to the elected DA. There's no way to remove the "odor of mendacity" without removing the entire office.
1:46 PM · Mar 15, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Lawyer Bashes Ruling that Permits Fani Willis to Remain on Trump Case

Former President Donald Trump’s lawyer Steve Sadow criticized Friday’s ruling that permits Fani Willis to remain on the case if her ex-lover and fellow prosecutor Nathan Wade is removed.

Fulton County Judge Scott McAfee ruled the former lovers’ relationship produced no “actual conflict” that would force Willis from the case.

McAfee found the two former lovers only engaged in an “appearance of impropriety,” which should result in Willis leaving her office if Wade is not removed from the case.

Sadow said McAfee “did not afford appropriate significance to the prosecutorial misconduct of Willis and Wade,” citing “financial benefits, testifying untruthfully about when their personal relationship began, as well as Willis’ extrajudicial MLK ‘church speech,’ where she played the race card and falsely accused the defendants and their counsel of racism.”

“We will use all legal options available as we continue to fight to end this case, which should never have been brought in the first place,” he added.

Others criticized the judges’ ruling, calling him “a political coward” who applied “zero logic to this because once again, all-things-political is a cancer in our justice system.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/15/trump-lawyer-bashes-ruling-that-permits-fani-willis-remain-trump-case/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Judge Scott McAfee Slams Fani Willis for Casting ‘Racial Aspersions’ Toward Defendant

Fulton County Judge Scott McAfee admonished District Attorney Fani Willis for casting “racial aspersions” toward co-defendant Mike Roman  during a January speech at Big Bethel AME Church.

Roman accused Willis of financially benefiting from her affair with fellow Trump prosecutor and ex-lover Nathan Wade. McAfee ruled Friday that Willis can stay on the case if Wade is fired.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/law-and-order/2024/03/15/judge-scott-mcafee-slams-fani-willis-for-casting-racial-aspersions-toward-defendant/
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I knew when he dropped some charges the other day that it was a signal he was going to let Fanny off the hook.   9999hair out0000
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Am I the only one who is wondering how  many "undecided independent voters" who will suddenly decide to vote for Trump,based on this "Biden"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

Am I the only one who is wondering how  many "undecided independent voters" who will suddenly decide to vote for Trump,based on this "Biden"?

Few to none

If Trump wins, it’ll be over the broken border
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline berdie

Few to none

If Trump wins, it’ll be over the broken border

And the border is becoming an issue. Maybe more than abortion. We'll see.

Offline LMAO

And the border issue I believe is going to get worse in the coming months. Look at how desperate this president is to blame his caused crisis on the opposition.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Well what's the point of killing your own babies, just to have to support some foreign adult?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

Well what's the point of killing your own babies, just to have to support some foreign adult?

Yep...but there are whole of people that are pounding the abortion drum. For the most part they aren't affected. However, the immigration issue just might have an impact and may make them go...NIBYD!!

Offline Hoodat

Does this mean that Wade Wallace now has to return the $700,000 he has collected from Fulton County?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-