Author Topic: Python farming could offer one of the most sustainable sources of meat in the world, according to a  (Read 374 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Python farming could offer one of the most sustainable sources of meat in the world, according to a new study
Python produces large slabs of white meat similar to chicken filet.

ByJulia Jacobo
March 14, 2024, 11:01 AM

Scientists are learning more about what sources of meat could serve as more sustainable alternatives to beef, pork and chicken.

Python meat could offer a form of meat much less carbon intensive than the current options, according to researchers who studied farms in Southeast Asia for two species of pythons -- reticulated and Burmese -- for 12 months.

MORE: 'Small swaps' to climate-friendly diet can significantly reduce carbon footprint, improve health: Study
Farmed python meat may offer a more sustainable alternative to other farmed meat because they can reproduce rapidly, even when food is not abundantly available, according to a study published in Scientific Reports on Thursday.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/python-farming-offer-sustainable-sources-meat-world-new/story?id=108084507
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
That must be why the chicken on my ship tasted so strangely, it was python.  The Navy was way ahead of times because that was 50 years ago. :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
QUOTE from Article: "Pythons can feel pain and fear, and they don’t want to be slaughtered any more than a cow, pig, chicken, dog..." /End Quote

Good Grief ABC news... still talking up the vegan and Peta talking points. South Florida is overran with these tree rats... The South has a feral pig problem... and still the loons bemoan about killing animals God gave us to Lord over.

The poor snakes... theyz feelz painz...

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Pretty sure pythons don't eat a vegan diet so what exactly is the plus here? Maybe python meat is just a step in the transition to Soylent Green, feed useless and unwanted by Gaia Worshippers excess(in their estimation) population to the pythons who are then fed to people. I guess pythons don't fart so don't cause globull warming?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Farm an exotic apex predator ... what's the worst that could happen?

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright