Author Topic: Tyson Foods wants to hire 52,000 asylum seekers for factory jobs  (Read 1123 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tyson Foods wants to hire 52,000 asylum seekers for factory jobs

The food processing company wants to hire migrants who are arriving in New York for jobs Americans don't want.

By
Axel Turcios
 and
Scripps News Staff

Posted: 7:56 p.m. EDT Mar 13, 2024

New York City shelters are overwhelmed with migrants.

Many of them have arrived in Texas or Florida and then taken buses to New York, where shelter and benefits are guaranteed. However, the city is scrambling as the number continues to climb and the migrants look to build a new life in America, which includes housing and work.

But for companies like Tyson Foods Inc., struggling to fill unpopular jobs with a U.S. unemployment rate of 3.9%, this new population presents an alluring opportunity.

The food processing company wants to hire 52,000 asylum seekers for factory jobs, offering a starting wage of $16.50 per hour along with benefits. The company understands and is aware that these are jobs that many find unpleasant, such as washing meat, placing the cuts into trays, final inspections for bones and packing meat, but believe this will help the refugees to start a life in America.

For example, the company says that it has allocated $1.5 million a year for legal aid services and will be providing its new employees with temporary housing, on-site child care, transportation, a relocation stipend, and paid time off to attend court hearings and to adjust to their new homes.

more
https://scrippsnews.com/stories/tyson-foods-wants-to-hire-52-000-asylum-seekers-for-factory-jobs/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Tyson Foods wants to hire 52,000 asylum seekers for factory jobs
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 12:31:57 am »
 Tyson Foods closing Perry plant; 1,200 workers affected

by: Dan Hendrickson   

Posted: Mar 13, 2024 / 02:34 PM CDT   

Updated: Mar 13, 2024 / 02:34 PM CDT   

PERRY, IOWA — Tyson Foods will close its pork processing plant in Perry, Iowa by the end of June, leaving its estimated workforce of 1,200 people searching for new jobs. The announcement was made to employees in Perry on Monday afternoon.

In a statement, Tyson said the decision was difficult but that customers should note that the closing of the Iowa factory and impending layoffs of hundreds of workers “emphasizes our focus to optimize the efficiency of our operations to best serve” them. Tyson says it will encourage employees to find other jobs within their company. Tyson also owns a plant in Council Bluffs.

The full statement from Tyson announcing the layoffs reads:

After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to permanently close our Perry, Iowa pork facility. We understand the impact of this decision on our team members and the local community. Taking care of our team members is our top priority and we encourage them to apply for other open roles within the company.  We are also working closely with state and local officials to provide additional resources to those who are impacted. While this decision was not easy, it emphasizes our focus to optimize the efficiency of our operations to best serve our customers. Iowa remains a key state for Tyson Foods, with employment of more than 9,000 team members across our other Iowa facilities.”

more
https://www.keloland.com/news/national-world-news/tyson-foods-closing-perry-plant-1200-workers-affected/?ipid=promo-link-block3
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 12:41:36 am »
Just one more reason I won't buy Tyson. Haven't since they were in with the Clintons in Arkansas.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 12:42:22 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 01:03:12 am »
Tyson Foods wants to hire 52,000 asylum seekers for factory jobs

Remember that union leaders (and union money) support this.  They bolster exclusively the Party of cheap illegal labor to the detriment of their members.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline cdkyle

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 03:28:37 am »
"Remember that union leaders (and union money) support this.  They bolster exclusively the Party of cheap illegal labor to the detriment of their members."

But would the immigrant labor be Union workers??

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 03:59:01 am »
But would the immigrant labor be Union workers??

Doubtful.  But either way, an increase (shift) in the supply (of workers) results in a decrease in price.

@cdkyle - And welcome to TBR.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 05:09:40 am »
They already do (hire illegals)... local Chicken processing plant had a van overturn full of employees a few years ago... Several died, but they couldn't id most of the employees because they used fake papers to get the jobs.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 05:14:24 am »
Doubtful.  But either way, an increase (shift) in the supply (of workers) results in a decrease in price.

@cdkyle - And welcome to TBR.

Forcing all competitors to also hire illegals to compete.

Also Hi to ya @cdkyle
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 06:38:53 pm »
🇺🇸Travis🇺🇸
@Travis_in_Flint
What Tyson foods did to residents in Iowa is one of the worst things we’ve seen a company do.  The Bud Light Dylan Mulvaney situation was pathetic, but this is 100x worse. 

They announced Monday that they’ll be closing the plant in June, shocking the entire town.  1200 people, 15% of the entire town, works at the plant.  They’re all going to be unemployed now. 

Simultaneously, Tyson is also working with an Asylum advocate group to hire 2,500 asylum seekers who are cleared to work.  They’ll make $16.50/hr and get benefits. 

Everyone needs to boycott this company into oblivion!
9:56 AM · Mar 16, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 07:16:03 pm »
F*ck Tyson.  Perdue for me even if it costs more. 

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 09:49:37 pm »

@Wingnut

I'm with ya on this one.

It ain't about you and it ain't about me,it's about America.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 09:53:22 pm »

Eff em all. Grow your own. Get together with someone that has the land, you supply the investment, and with very little else, in 90 days (+1 bad day) you can have enough really good, far superior free range chicken meat to last you a year or better. And at 1/3rd to 1/2 the cost. And NEXT, eggs.

It's so dang simple.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2024, 10:08:10 pm »
Years ago when my wife raised chickens, we raised 4 turkeys along with them

Best damned turkeys I’ve ever eaten
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2024, 11:38:32 pm »
Tyson Food's SEC filings show they implemented a plan to tie executive compensation plan to DEI and "sustainability."

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/status/1769066818361004347
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org