Author Topic: Report: Sen. Bob Menendez Mulls Reelection Bid as Independent Despite Bribery Charges  (Read 217 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Sen. Bob Menendez Mulls Reelection Bid as Independent Despite Bribery Charges

Nick Gilbertson 14 Mar 2024

Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ), who is federally accused of accepting gold bars and hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes in exchange for his influence as a senator, is reportedly mulling an independent reelection bid.

Citing a pair of sources “who spoke with him directly,” NBC News’s Julie Tsirkin, Carol E. Lee, and Kate Santaliz reported Thursday that Menendez is considering an independent run:

He is now making calls to allies about his record and career and is preparing to collect petitions to run in November as an independent, the sources said. If Menendez were to run as a Democrat, he would need to come up with 1,000 signatures by March 25th — so time is not on his side. But running as an independent would give him more time; in that case, he would only need 800 signatures by June 4th to qualify for the ballot.

A clearly frustrated Menendez did not deny that he’s planning to run as an independent when asked by NBC News Thursday afternoon, saying multiple times: “I don’t have to declare what I am doing. When I do, everybody will know.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2024/03/14/menendez-mulls-reelection-bid-independent-bribery-charges/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Forget it Jake. It's Jersey.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.