Author Topic: Judge Cannon Takes Wrecking Ball to Trump Classified Docs Case Citing Robert Hur’s Report  (Read 574 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Judge Cannon Takes Wrecking Ball to Trump Classified Docs Case Citing Robert Hur’s Report

Former President Donald Trump appeared in a Florida courtroom on Thursday to appeal his classified documents case, while citing Special Counsel Robert Hur’s decision not to bring charges against sitting President Joe Biden.

Hur’s report showed that Joe Biden not only willfully and intentionally mishandled classified documents, stored them in multiple insecure locations, and procured them while Senator and Vice President, but he also misled federal investigators, obstructed justice, and divulged national security secrets.

Biden’s leaks of classified information are deemed to be so serious that the Intelligence Community is now performing a “damage assessment” to ascertain the extent they compromised national security...

Excerpt: rest at above link

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I hope Cannon has the guts to dismiss with prejudice.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I hope Cannon has the guts to dismiss with prejudice.

888high58888  :beer:

And the Judges in all the rest of these BS lawfare cases as well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Oh, this is just too sweet.

Trump is guilty ... but, so was Pence and Biden ... and, of course, Hillary.

No more DOJ "selective" prosecution.  Put it before Grand Jury, and let them decide.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Florida Judge Cannon denies Trump dismissal on 'unconstitutional vagueness'
Judge Cannon stated, "I don't see how it leads to a dismissal... Maybe a defense at trial..."
By Jake Gibson , Heather Lacy , Bradford Betz Fox News
Published March 14, 2024 4:19pm EDT | Updated March 14, 2024 5:28pm EDT

US District Court Judge Aileen Cannon on Thursday dismissed former President Trump's motion to dismiss charges of retaining classified documents on the grounds of "unconstitutional vagueness."

This is only one of two motions from Trump's legal team. The judge has not ruled on the other motion to dismiss based on the Presidential Records Act.

Defense attorney Todd Blanche argued earlier that the Trump position is that the Presidential Records Act gives the president the authority to retain documents he sees fit, and essentially take them home or out of the White House, and if that's accurate, that alone is "fatal" to Special Counsel Jack Smith’s indictment.

"Presidents since George Washington have taken material out of the White House," said Blanche, adding that the PRA was passed in the late 70s and nothing in the statute says anything about documents with markings or anything that gives the National Archives (NARA) the ability to challenge a president's decision about which documents are personal versus presidential.

Team Trump also points out often that then-President Trump caused these boxes to be moved while he was still president and that this is the first time NARA has challenged a decision made by a president about which documents are personal versus presidential. They claim NARA only took this action because the president in question was Donald Trump.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-florida-judge-cannon-seems-hint-dismissal-unlikely
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

No more DOJ "selective" prosecution.  Put it before Grand Jury, and let them decide.
Trump had lawful access to the documents. For the vast majority of his political career, Biden did not, and it is likely Pence didn't have lawful access to every document he handled, either.  Not sure what Pence had tucked away, but Biden's hoard went back over 30 years, documents he NEVER should have had in his possession in the unsecure venues he stored them in.

In the context of questionable payments coming into the Bidens' orbit, and the nature of the documents he possessed or had stored 'for him', the Espionage Act might just be the tip of the iceberg.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 01:03:54 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Trump is guilty of what, exactly?  What law did Trump break?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-