Author Topic: Navy's Ambitious New Effort Aims to Give Sailors Understanding of 'What Right Looks Like'  (Read 142 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy's Ambitious New Effort Aims to Give Sailors Understanding of 'What Right Looks Like'

Military.com | By Konstantin Toropin
Published March 13, 2024 at 6:10pm ET

In an administrative message released with little fanfare on Monday, the Navy quietly embarked on an ambitious effort that leaders hope will reshape culture and the relationships commanders have with their sailors.

Dubbed "Culture of Excellence 2.0," or COE 2.0, the initiative and its goals come across as complex and grand. It attempts to make about 34 instructions more relevant and accessible to the fleet. It also looks to introduce new tools and methods for leaders to root out toxicity in the ranks while instilling new sailors with better leadership techniques.

But, behind all that, the admiral driving the new policy had a more succinct goal -- "make giving a s**t a standard."

Rear Adm. Brett Mietus was one of several Navy officials who exclusively spoke with Military.com ahead of the policy's unveiling. He said a main aim of the initiative, which took him and his team nearly two years to develop, was the desire to explain to the whole fleet -- not just junior sailors -- what being a good leader or sailor means in ways that go beyond just high-minded, if somewhat nebulous, ideals such as "honor, courage and commitment."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/03/13/navys-ambitious-new-effort-aims-give-sailors-understanding-of-what-right-looks.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
By whose standards?  North Korea's?  Putin's?  Hamas?  BLM?  Antifa?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson