Author Topic: Navy launches Women’s Initiatives Team to aid retention, recruitment  (Read 133 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy launches Women’s Initiatives Team to aid retention, recruitment
By Diana Stancy
 Mar 14, 05:00 AM

The Navy is standing up a Women’s Initiatives Team, or WIT, as it aims to foster more inclusive warfighting teams while improving recruitment and retention across the fleet.

The team is part of an effort to provide structure to identifying and eliminating potential barriers for women across the service.

Representatives from the Navy’s 17 communities, as well as 11 fleet, education and infrastructure stakeholders, will comprise the team and meet periodically.

“The Navy-WIT will broaden awareness and influence policy changes to increase recruitment and retention of Servicewomen throughout the Navy,” a new naval administrative message released last month said. “It will meet on a periodic basis to build community, develop best practices, and discuss relevant issues leading to opportunities for barrier removal by Navy leadership.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-navy/2024/03/14/navy-launches-womens-initiatives-team-to-aid-retention-recruitment/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wonderful.  And the new standup initiative team to recruit more men is called ______________?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson