Author Topic: Special Operations News – March 11, 2024  (Read 227 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Special Operations News – March 11, 2024
« on: March 14, 2024, 01:51:17 pm »
Special Operations News – March 11, 2024
March 11, 2024 John Friberg Update 0

SRS Snipers
Curated news, analysis, and commentary about special operations, national security, and conflicts around the world.

SOF News
Women in SOF. The participation of women in elite special operations forces roles has remained a rarity after almost eight years of being open to female servicemembers. Some observers say this is going to take some time. “Why getting more female troops into Special Operations will take time”, by Hope Hodge Seck, Army Times, March 5, 2024.

Osprey in the Air? The military stood down all the V-22s in December 2023 after a fatal crash of an AFSOC CV-22 that killed eight crewmembers. Now it appears they will soon be returning to flight. (DOD News, 8 Mar 2024) This is welcome news to the services; especially AFSOC, because the platform offers a unique capability that goes unfilled if it isn’t flying. As time goes on the role of the Osprey is more vital than ever. “The Osprey, Indispensable for Future War Plans”, by Rebecca Grant, Real Clear Defense, March 7, 2024.

SWCS and Training Foreign Partners. Allied partners send top officers and service members to receive professional training and education through the U.S. Army Special Warfare Center and School. They attend schools such as the Joint Special Operations Master of Arts Program and Army Special Operations Forces qualification courses. Advanced skills training provides quality training to hone skills, including Military Freefall Jumpmaster Course in Yuma, Arizona. Read more in “Starting from Beginning: Strengthening of Strategic Foreign Partnerships from Initial Acquistion Training, Education”, by Steve Morningstar, SWCS, March 6, 2024.

https://sof.news/update/20240311/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson