Author Topic: Inflation rose to 1.6% in February in producer price index, much hotter than expected  (Read 236 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Inflation rose to 1.6% in February in producer price index, much hotter than expected
By
Zachary Halaschak
March 14, 2024 8:33 am

Inflation, as measured by the producer price index, rose to 1.6% for the year ending in February, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Thursday, much hotter than expected.

The increase came after a slight decrease the month before. Most economists had forecast the inflation rate would rise to 1.1%, so the latest numbers are not good news for the Federal Reserve.

On a month-to-month basis, the price index increased by 0.6%, double what was expected.

The new inflation numbers come the same week the more closely watched consumer price index report for February was released. As measured in the CPI, inflation unexpectedly rose to 3.2% for the year ending in February, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Tuesday, an unwelcome development given hopes that the central bank would soon begin trimming interest rates.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/finance-and-economy/2919514/inflation-rose-to-1-6-in-february-in-producer-price-index-much-hotter-than-expected/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
We're doomed. Middle class is done.

Online LMAO

We're doomed. Middle class is done.

Doubter

I saw a commercial yesterday with Biden saying how he’s working for the American people. Why do you doubt him?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Everyday Americans have for the first time ran up their credit card debt to $1T by necessity.   This is debt being serviced by a 15% interest rate.  This means there is big chunk of folks who will never dig out, without financial ruin. 

One of the biggest financial stories in 2025 will be the debt crisis, and domino effect it will have on Financials.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.