Author Topic: Four people caught running ‘large-scale’ marriage scam to get green cards for 600 migrants: DOJ  (Read 141 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Four people caught running ‘large-scale’ marriage scam to get green cards for 600 migrants: DOJ
Sarah Rumpf-Whitten
Tue, March 12, 2024 at 9:06 PM EDT·2 min read

Four people caught running ‘large-scale’ marriage scam to get green cards for 600 migrants: DOJ
Four individuals have been charged in Massachusetts after running a "large-scale" marriage fraud agency marketed to illegal migrants, authorities said.

According to a press release from the U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Massachusetts, four Philippine nationals in Los Angeles were arrested for marriage fraud and immigration document fraud after they created "hundreds of sham marriages" between illegal migrants.

Authorities said that 50-year-old Marcialito Biol Benitez operated the agency in a brick-and-mortar office in Los Angeles between October 2016 and March 2022.

Benitez's scam marriages and adjustment of his clients' immigration status cost between $20,000 and $35,000 in cash, the attorney's office said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/four-people-caught-running-large-010618155.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson