Author Topic: Chicago to start evicting migrants amid measles outbreak  (Read 170 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago to start evicting migrants amid measles outbreak
« on: March 14, 2024, 10:28:33 am »

Chicago to start evicting migrants amid measles outbreak
© Provided by News Nation

(NewsNation) — As thousands of migrants and asylum-seekers living in Chicago-run migrant shelters are set to be evicted this weekend, a growing number of confirmed measles cases inside the city’s largest shelter has intensified the push for Mayor Brandon Johnson to again extend the deadline.

Seven measles cases have been confirmed at the shelter in Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood since Friday, including three new cases Tuesday, the Chicago Department of Public Health said. At least one additional case has been reported outside the shelter.

These cases are the first reported in Chicago since 2019. A team from the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention is in Chicago to help address the measles outbreak.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-to-start-evicting-migrants-amid-measles-outbreak/ar-BB1jQFKX?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=375ae472a2824c89b3ac0f29cd3b1939&ei=36
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Chicago to start evicting migrants amid measles outbreak
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 10:29:49 am »
I suspect measles aren't the only diseases floating around the illegals. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson