Author Topic: More liberal cities, states ask private residences to house migrants amid overwhelming numbers  (Read 528 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
More liberal cities, states ask private residences to house migrants amid overwhelming numbers
Story by Fox News • 2h •

Several liberal cities and states have been expanding ways of dealing with the surge of migrants coming into their jurisdictions, including asking residents to help house immigrants to relieve pressure on the shelter system.

Denver officials recently told local outlets that the city is looking for alternative ways to house migrants. Fox 31 reported that the city recently emailed Denver rental property owners asking if they would be interested in renting to migrants who need housing.

It comes as the city is scaling back its migrant services in an attempt to reduce the budget deficit by nearly $60 million and consolidate shelters.

"We put out a feeler to all the landlords we have connections with," an official for Denver Human Services told the outlet. "Basically said, listen, we’re going to have some newcomers who are going to need housing."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/more-liberal-cities-states-ask-private-residences-to-house-migrants-amid-overwhelming-numbers/ar-BB1jS2SC?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=375ae472a2824c89b3ac0f29cd3b1939&ei=12
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I would think liberals in those liberal cities and states would consider it an honor to give up their homes to illegal aliens. :hiya:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

I would think liberals in those liberal cities and states would consider it an honor to give up their homes to illegal aliens. :hiya:

They want to be generous with your home
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Just think of it as a Foreign exchange program.  Exchange your personal security and the taxpayers money for an illegal.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Wouldn't this violate zoning, housing, home owner associations', and fire code rules?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I would respond that I'm not aiding and abetting your illegal human trafficking operations and leave me alone before I file a class action RICO suit.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wouldn't this violate zoning, housing, home owner associations', and fire code rules?
Let's just suppose they let them in, and it isn't working out.

What steps will the homeowner have to go through to evict them, and how many lawsuits will be brought against the owners in the process?

Enquiring minds wanna know...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Let's just suppose they let them in, and it isn't working out.

What steps will the homeowner have to go through to evict them, and how many lawsuits will be brought against the owners in the process?

Enquiring minds wanna know...

It will take "Squatting" to a whole new level.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It will take "Squatting" to a whole new level.
I can see where, when the dust settles, the owner is out and the illegals get the house.

No motherloving way I'd submit to this.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

I can see where, when the dust settles, the owner is out and the illegals get the house.

No motherloving way I'd submit to this.

Amen.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Smokin' Joe wrote:
"No motherloving way I'd submit to this."

(sigh)

Folks, just be glad that I'm not working for these DCommunist cities.

Because if I was, and if I was on their side, here's how I'd advise the city governments to do it:

In cities (and even in small towns), when a "public works" project is required, the municipality will often issue special "assessments" to taxpaying homeowners.
Think water, sewer, schools, etc.

So... in a large (or even smaller) city swamped with illegals for which the government has no money to pay, pass a "housing assessment" under which each private homeowner will be assessed a yearly "housing fee" that the municipality will use to feed/shelter/educate the hordes of illegals.

I reckon this could run from $5,000 per residence, even higher... how about $10,000?

All to be borne "equally" by resident home-owning property taxpayers.

"But we can't pay!" homeowners will cry out.

All well and good.
Also as a part of the legislation, provide that a homeowner can waive the yearly assessment by agreeing to shelter a "needy family" (or a certain number of individuals in lieu of a "family") for a year.
Agree to do this and then... you don't have to pay.

That was easy.

How's that hit ya, Smokin' Joe?
How's that hit ya, LMAO?
How's that hit ya, Wingnut?
How's that hit ya, RINO?
How's that hit ya, Vulcan?