Author Topic: Former MLB slugger Steve Garvey edges ahead of Adam Schiff in California US Senate primary  (Read 201 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California
Former MLB slugger Steve Garvey edges ahead of Adam Schiff in California US Senate primary
As of Wednesday morning, Garvey led Schiff by an incredibly slim margin of just 4,801 votes
 By Stepheny Price Fox News
Published March 13, 2024 4:44pm EDT

Baseball legend Steve Garvey has edged ahead of U.S. Rep. Adam Schiff in California's U.S. Senate primary.

As of Wednesday morning, Garvey, a former 10-time MLB All-Star, led Schiff by an incredibly slim margin of just 4,801 votes with more than 5 million votes tallied — about 85% of expected returns.

"As California's votes are counted, it's clear that our message of unity, common sense, and compassion resonates across the state," Garvey said. "I am deeply honored by the trust and support shown in these preliminary results.

Despite millions being spent against Garvey in the state's most expensive U.S. Senate primary election, Garvey's trajectory is remaining competitive to finish in first place.

"I'm energized by our campaign's momentum and ready for the challenge ahead," Garvey said. "I look forward to a spirited campaign on the critical issues facing us."

Schiff, one of the leading Democrats in the U.S. House, will face Garvey, a Republican, in November to determine who succeeds the late Sen. Dianne Feinstein. California also puts all candidates, regardless of party, on the same primary ballot, and the two who get the most votes advance to the general election.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-mlb-slugger-steve-garvey-edges-ahead-adam-schiff-california-us-senate-primary
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How's Steve Garvey as a candidate?

... just curious since he wasn't hand-picked by Tangerine Mussolini.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.