Author Topic: Three ways House Republicans are backtracking on Biden impeachment  (Read 188 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Three ways House Republicans are backtracking on Biden impeachment
By
Eden Villalovas
March 13, 2024 9:14 am

House Republicans are beginning to temper expectations about the success of their impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden.

The possibility of pursuing articles of impeachment remains on the table, but Republicans are far from gathering the near-unanimous support needed to recommend removing him from the White House. A resolution formalizing their impeachment inquiry was approved in December.

Losing steam

Some Republicans feel there’s an unwillingness to follow through, as the chamber has pressing matters to address during a presidential election year. House Republicans face an uphill battle to keep their majority in 2024, and multiple members in vulnerable seats are focused on their reelection campaigns. Headed into November, the GOP majority dwindled further when Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) announced he would resign next week.

“I don’t think we have the will to impeach Joe Biden,” Rep. Troy Nehls (R-TX) told Fox News. “We just don’t. We’ve got a two-seat majority. You’ve got some guys in these tough districts that don’t want to alienate maybe independents or moderates.”

“They’ve laid out a good case for impeaching Joe Biden,” added Nehls, a member of the House Freedom Caucus. “But I just don’t think we have the will to do it.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2918085/three-ways-house-republicans-backtracking-biden-impeachment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Three ways House Republicans are backtracking on Biden impeachment
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 11:23:42 pm »
Impeaching Biden was a waste of time and political capital.

House Republicans were so overcome with Biden Derangement Syndrome they were dumb enough to base their case on a single paid FBI rat.

How's that FY 2024 Federal Budget coming along?  The start of the FY 2025 Federal Budget year is less than 7 months away.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.