Author Topic: Abortion views are top of mind as Trump narrows VP pick  (Read 313 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Abortion views are top of mind as Trump narrows VP pick
« on: March 13, 2024, 08:57:49 pm »
Abortion views are top of mind as Trump narrows VP pick
By
Eden Villalovas
March 13, 2024 3:46 pm

Former President Donald Trump is considering a vice presidential candidate who doesn’t take hard-line stances on abortion.

Speculation about Trump’s choice for running mate is intensifying after the former president secured enough delegates to grab the Republican presidential nomination, paving the way for a potential rematch against President Joe Biden. Former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley ended her presidential GOP bid following losses on Super Tuesday.

Last month at Mar-a-Lago, Trump mingled with members while having dinner on the outdoor patio, inquiring about abortion and potential vice presidential contenders, a source who was present at the dinner told NBC News. According to the source, Trump specifically asked the crowd, which included campaign aides and club members, about Sen. Tim Scott’s (R-SC) stance on abortion.

Scott, who has been floated as a potential running mate for Trump after dropping his own 2024 GOP bid for president in November, supports a federal 15-week national limit on abortion. He has praised Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R-FL) abortion ban at six weeks in pregnancy. Scott previously said he’d support exceptions to abortion in cases of rape or incest and if the life of the pregnant person was at risk.

Trump is prioritizing abortion, as he sees the issue as a strategy for Democrats and a weakness for Republicans, aiming to choose a running mate with a more moderate stance on the topic.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2919022/abortion-views-top-of-mind-trump-narrows-vp-pick/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Abortion views are top of mind as Trump narrows VP pick
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 09:59:19 pm »
I'm with him on this.

While am I SINCERLY  oppossed to "abortion on demand",NO woman who  is pregnant due to rape should be forced to give birth to the result of that rape. IMNSHO,it would be like getting raped twice,once by the actual rapist,and once by the law.

As for the "Opps,I made a boo-boo" rape pregnancies,if you don't want to give birth to a child,you had time to take care of that before it became viable.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 10:07:16 pm »
I'm with him on this.

While am I SINCERLY  oppossed to "abortion on demand",NO woman who  is pregnant due to rape should be forced to give birth to the result of that rape. IMNSHO,it would be like getting raped twice,once by the actual rapist,and once by the law.

As for the "Opps,I made a boo-boo" rape pregnancies,if you don't want to give birth to a child,you had time to take care of that before it became viable.

Doesn't matter. The point of the exercise was to remove authority over the matter away from the federal government and give it back to the states. If you don't like how your state decides it, move to New York.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 12:51:12 am »
This is a weak move.

The Democrats are going to ride the abortion canard as long as they can.

What Trump needs to do if he is worth a lick is to go on the offensive, just like he did when he first started in 2015. Demonize, demonize, demonize. Because they've been demonizing us for years, even decades. Blame them for our falling birth rate. That's how he won in 2016. Put these spinsters on their heels. Make them the bad guys.

Come on, Donald. Be the alpha you always pretend to be.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024