Author Topic: Gov. Ron DeSantis Deploys Assets to Southern Florida Due to Increased Risk of Illegal Immigrants fro  (Read 837 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gov. Ron DeSantis Deploys Assets to Southern Florida Due to Increased Risk of Illegal Immigrants from Haiti

Hannah Bleau Knudsen 13 Mar 2024

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has deployed additional assets to the southern portion of the state due to the increased risk of illegal immigrants coming from Haiti amid the nation’s unrest.

DeSantis’s office announced Wednesday that it was deploying “additional state assets to the Keys and southern waters of the State of Florida.” According to the press release, there are security and surveillance assets in South Florida as well as the Keys “as a part of Operation Vigilant Sentry to stop illegal immigration at sea.”

Additional assets include 39 officers from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, 23 from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission “with eight additional seacraft,” 48 additional Guardsmen from the Florida National Guard “with four additional helicopters,” and 30 officers from the Florida Highway Patrol.

DeSantis said in a statement:

Given the circumstances in Haiti, I have directed the Division of Emergency Management, the Florida State Guard, and state law enforcement agencies to deploy over 250 additional officers and soldiers and over a dozen air and sea craft to the southern coast of Florida to protect our state.

He noted that Florida has “significant” resources to halt illegal immigration from Haiti.

“No state has done more to supplement the (under-resourced) U.S. Coast Guard’s interdiction efforts; we cannot have illegal aliens coming to Florida,” he added.

The announcement comes as Haiti continues to descend into chaos, overwhelmed with bloody gang violence.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/03/13/gov-ron-desantis-deploys-assets-to-southern-florida-due-to-increased-risk-of-illegal-immigrants-from-haiti/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, that's more like it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline cato potatoe

I can hardly wait for the cannibals to be resettled in my neighborhood.  You know Biden will just catch & release.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I can hardly wait for the cannibals to be resettled in my neighborhood.  You know Biden will just catch & release.
Helluva way to clean up the homeless problem...

Maybe ship them to San Francisco... 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis