Author Topic: Lauren Boebert will not run in special election to replace Ken Buck  (Read 246 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thank goodness!

Lauren Boebert will not run in special election to replace Ken Buck
By
Rachel Schilke
March 13, 2024 11:00 am

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) announced Wednesday that she would not run in the special election to replace outgoing Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO), whom she is seeking to replace in the general election.

“I’m not leaving my constituents in the 3rd District,” Boebert told reporters on Wednesday.

Her decision to forgo the special election comes the day after Buck announced he would be leaving Congress at the end of next week, with his last day set for March 22. The Colorado congressman announced last November that he would not seek reelection in 2024, but his early retirement in March came as a surprise to many.

Boebert was already running to replace Buck in Colorado’s 4th Congressional District, after opting out of running for reelection to her seat in the 3rd District that she has held since 2021. She narrowly defeated Democrat Adam Frisch in the 2022 midterm elections but decided to campaign for Buck’s seat amid signs from polling and fundraising that Frisch was in a better position to defeat her this cycle.

When asked if she still plans to run for the 4th District, she said yes.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/2918407/lauren-boebert-not-run-special-election-ken-buck/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Lauren Boebert will not run in special election to replace Ken Buck
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 10:42:50 pm »
Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert
Ken Buck’s announcement yesterday was a gift to the uniparty.

The establishment concocted a swampy backroom deal to try to rig an election I’m winning by 25 points.

Forcing an unnecessary Special Election on the same day as the Primary Election will confuse voters, result in a lameduck Congressman on day one, and leave the 4th District with no representation for more than three months.

The 4th District deserves better.

I will not further imperil the already very slim House Republican majority by resigning my current seat and will continue to deliver on my constituents’ priorities while also working hard to earn the votes of the people of Colorado’s 4th District who have made clear they are hungry for a real conservative.

I am the only Trump-endorsed, America First candidate in this race and will win the 4th District’s Primary Election on June 25th and General Election on November 5th.
1:23 PM · Mar 13, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org