Author Topic: CT Governor Wants To Give Noncitizens IDs That Look Exactly Like Those Used To Vote  (Read 595 times)

Offline mountaineer

Connecticut Governor Wants To Give Noncitizens IDs That Look Exactly Like Those Used To Vote
‘If such language is removed, election officials and poll workers very likely will unknowingly … allow ineligible persons to vote,’ Gately said.
By: Brianna Lyman
March 12, 2024
Connecticut’s Democratic Gov. Ned Lamont is trying to redesign driver’s licenses so that those given to illegal aliens will be indistinguishable from those given to legal residents — in the same state where one city just had an election do-over because of an apparent cast of voter fraud.

The Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles currently denotes on licenses if they are “Drive Only” IDs, a measure put in place to ensure ineligible individuals cannot vote, according to the CT Examiner. “Drive Only” licenses have a “DO” stamp on the front and information on the back clearly stating they may not be used for voting.

Gov. Ned Lamont, however, wants to remove the marks because he’s mad that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis signed a law that does not recognize licenses given to illegal immigrants.

“Connecticut prides itself on being a welcoming state,” Lamont’s spokeswoman Julia Bergman said in a statement, according to CT Examiner. “As some states work to target undocumented people, the visual differences in the licenses Connecticut provides to undocumented people has unintentionally made Connecticut residents with varying immigration statuses vulnerable in hostile states.”

Florida passed legislation last year specifying that it will not recognize licenses from Connecticut and four other states that permit illegal immigrants to get the government-issued ID.  ...
https://thefederalist.com/2024/03/12/connecticut-governor-wants-to-give-noncitizens-ids-that-look-exactly-like-those-used-to-vote/
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

... and the Dems say there's no such thing as "The Great Replacment".
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
“Connecticut prides itself on being a welcoming state,” Lamont’s spokeswoman Julia Bergman said in a statement, according to CT Examiner. “As some states work to target undocumented people, the visual differences in the licenses Connecticut provides to undocumented people has unintentionally made Connecticut residents with varying immigration statuses vulnerable in hostile states.”

I bet that comment won't age well...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis