Author Topic: Biden’s Economy Makes No Sense. It’s Simply An Excuse To Attack Republicans By Ben Shapiro  (Read 205 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s Economy Makes No Sense. It’s Simply An Excuse To Attack Republicans
Ben Shapiro

If Joe Biden’s policies were wildly popular, everybody would overlook the fact that the man walks into walls.

But his policies are terrible.

On Tuesday, it was reported that the index of consumer prices rose 3.2% in February from one year earlier. We try to keep the rate at 2%. But we are still clocking in at well above 3% — which is 50% higher than what we want. Core price inflation is sitting at 3.8%; again, we aim for 2%.

That means all of the interest rates are going to remain high for the foreseeable future. The Federal Reserve tries to combat inflation by increasing interest rates — the overnight rate at which the Federal Reserve lends to banks and the banks lend to one another — and that is then passed on to the consumer.

The basic idea is that when you tighten up the credit, fewer people are borrowing; less money flowing around the economy means the prices tend to decrease. That’s the reason to increase interest rates.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/bidens-economy-makes-no-sense-its-simply-an-excuse-to-attack-republicans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I just got back from the grocery store. His efforts at making everything ('ceptin' maybe a collitch edimification) more expensive by policies which make it more difficult to produce motor fuels (by which virtually everything is shipped) are working swimmingly. Heck I can recall when may came in quart jars (32 oz instead of 30 oz) and was cheaper.

As for the Buydem economy, it sucks, it stinks on ice.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis