Author Topic: Have We Grown Numb to Runaway Censorship?  (Read 569 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Have We Grown Numb to Runaway Censorship?
« on: March 13, 2024, 03:11:53 pm »
Have We Grown Numb to Runaway Censorship?
Matisyahu gets canceled, again and too many press outlets look away

Another day, another artist learns the show won’t go on.

Matisyahu knows the feeling.

The rapper has already seen two of his 2024 gigs get canceled. Now, his sold-out show at Chicago’s House of Blues is off the schedule.

There’s little mystery in play.

Matisyahu is Jewish and supports Israel. Anti-semitism flowered after the Oct. 7 Hamas attacks that left 1,200 Israelis dead and hundreds taken as hostages. It shows no sign of abating.

The singer’s cancelations came after a combination of protest threats and/or workers refusing to do their jobs when the singer came to town.

Let’s call it what it is. Cowardly. Hateful. Anti-American. Anti-free speech. Antisemitic.

https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/matisyahu-censorship-media-coverage/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Have We Grown Numb to Runaway Censorship?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 03:34:10 pm »
Let's be blunt - we are two countries now. Those in the urban and many suburban areas are Rat and will never be anything but. They will elect Rat leaders who will enact Rat policies and cultivate neo-Marxist political environment and almost all their constituents will largely support it.

Which means workers won't be fired, business owners won't be fined and threatened with shutdown, and mobs of violent protestors won't be arrested. And it's not going to change as long as people keep voting Rat and vote for Rat Soros candidates in the primaries.

I live in Red state country, rural and small town. We fend for our own and take care of each other, and none of this crap you read about happens here because we won't vote for it or tolerate it. As far as I'm concerned these people mentioned in the article are a separate nation if not a separate planet. I feel for those who can no longer make income from their livelihoods but it's time to take a hard assessment and make hard choices because they might as well be spitting into hurricane force winds.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 03:39:57 pm »

I live in Red state country, rural and small town. We fend for our own and take care of each other, and none of this crap you read about happens here because we won't vote for it or tolerate it.

Well, according to MSNBC, you’re a threat to the country
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 03:56:43 pm »
Well, according to MSNBC, you’re a threat to the country

Marxists gonna do what Marxists gonna do.
The Republic is lost.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 04:05:56 pm »
I guess people don't need paychecks like they used to.

Our Social Justice Warrior snowflakes making Good Trouble ... much like the young during Mao's Cultural Revolution.  Come to think of it, these snowflakes are acting our Mao's Cultural Revolution in America.  Those bastids!

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 03:04:27 am »
Let's be blunt - we are two countries now. Those in the urban and many suburban areas are Rat and will never be anything but. They will elect Rat leaders who will enact Rat policies and cultivate neo-Marxist political environment and almost all their constituents will largely support it.

Which means workers won't be fired, business owners won't be fined and threatened with shutdown, and mobs of violent protestors won't be arrested. And it's not going to change as long as people keep voting Rat and vote for Rat Soros candidates in the primaries.

I live in Red state country, rural and small town. We fend for our own and take care of each other, and none of this crap you read about happens here because we won't vote for it or tolerate it. As far as I'm concerned these people mentioned in the article are a separate nation if not a separate planet. I feel for those who can no longer make income from their livelihoods but it's time to take a hard assessment and make hard choices because they might as well be spitting into hurricane force winds.
:yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis