Author Topic: West Point Changes Mission Statement, Removing Values 'Duty, Honor, Country'  (Read 460 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
West Point Changes Mission Statement, Removing Values 'Duty, Honor, Country'

By Randy DeSoto
  March 13, 2024 at 4:13am
In a move sure to worry many that the venerable two-century-old West Point is going woke, Superintendent Lt. Gen. Steve Gilland announced Monday a change in the institution’s mission statement.

The phrase “duty, honor, country” is out — exchanged for the more amorphous “Army values.”

The United States Military Academy’s previous mission statement was: “To educate, train and inspire the Corps of Cadets so that each graduate is a commissioned leader of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country and prepared for a career of professional excellence and service to the nation as an officer in the United States Army.”

https://www.westernjournal.com/west-point-changes-mission-statement-removing-values-duty-honor-country/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 02:45:52 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The phrase “duty, honor, country” is out — exchanged for the more amorphous “Army values.”

exchanged for the more amorphous (WOKE) “Army values.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

This guy will be their new role model.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"Army Values" - what a vapid nonsensical euphemism.

Follow up question, "What are the Army Values?"

They are overeacting to their recruitment shortfalls.

Recruitment is not falling because the "Army" isn't cool with today's snowflakes (who would make terrible soldiers because they don't understand what an 'order' is; they mistake it for a suggestion).

Recruitment is falling because people don't want to die in useless foreign wars of choice, for d1ckhe@d politicians, only to be forgotten and abandoned after service discharge.

The nation is less devoted to enlisted personnel as the enlisted personnel are more devoted to our nation.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Stephen Coughlin
@S_Coughlin_DC
"Duty, Honor, Country" is out.

It is to be replaced by "Army Values." I never liked that term when it 1st came out back when I was still inside b/c it subordinated the Constitution to what the Army valued. Of course, that necessarily means that the Army would be subordinated to what those in charge of it meant - mediated through a deadening bureaucracy.

Know what you see.

We're living through a revolutionary cycle. Understand events through that prism.
8:15 PM · Mar 13, 2024

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Recruitment is falling because people don't want to die in useless foreign wars of choice, for d1ckhe@d politicians

You are far too kind to politicians!
Thomas Jefferson