Author Topic: Military Bill Expands IVF Services to Gay and Transgender Service Members  (Read 234 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military Bill Expands IVF Services to Gay and Transgender Service Members
Emma Waters / @emlwaters / March 12, 2024
MeWe

The Veteran Families Health Services Act would drastically expand IVF access for the military, extending services to unmarried couples and transgender members, using taxpayer funds and raising ethical concerns. Sen. James Lankford, R-Okla., refused to provide a vote for unanimous consent for the legislation, which would have allowed the bill to sidestep the normal legislative review process. Pictured: Lankford leaves the Senate chamber at the U.S. Capitol on Feb. 12. (Photo: Alex Wong/Getty Images)

COMMENTARY BY

Emma Waters

A sweeping Senate bill would radically expand in vitro fertilization and other reproductive technologies for military service members without regard to their sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status, promoting the creation of children outside of marriage, including between two men and their hired surrogates.

Democrats pushed for a unanimous consent agreement Tuesday, meaning, if passed, the Veteran Families Health Services Act would sidestep the normal legislative review process. Thankfully, Sen. James Lankford, R-Okla., refused to give unanimous consent.

In doing so, Lankford represented the well-being of families and children, rightly pointing out that this bill has been sitting in the Democrat-controlled Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs for seven months without receiving a single hearing, markup, or vote since it was introduced. There is no existential crisis regarding IVF access for service members, so why should a bill that Democrats have not shown serious interest in be fast-tracked in Congress?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/03/12/military-bill-expands-ivf-services-gay-transgender-service-members/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This bill, as we all know, has nothing to do with wokeness because military leaders have assured us all the military is not a woke organization. :bs:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis