Author Topic: Biden's meager 1% US defense budget increase buys fewer ships, jets  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Biden's meager 1% US defense budget increase buys fewer ships, jets
Story by Mike Stone • 2d •

WASHINGTON, March 11 (Reuters) - President Joe Biden's overall U.S. defense and national security budget request expected on Monday will be just 1% higher than last year, forcing a slowdown in spending on a wide range of programs and delaying efforts to rebuild weapons stocks depleted by wars in Ukraine and Israel.

The $895 billion national security budget request, which includes funds for homeland security as well as nuclear weapons-related activities carried out by the Department of Energy, is the result of a two-year budget deal struck in mid-2023 that limited the budget to a 1% increase.

Under the cap, the Pentagon's share of the national defense budget was expected to be $850 billion. The $30 billion reduction to the Pentagon's funding will curb purchases of the stealthy F-35 jet made by Lockheed Martin and air defenses for Guam, and will delay programs, including slowing orders for an aircraft carrier made by Huntington Ingalls Industries and Virginia-class submarines made by Huntington and General Dynamics.

The Pentagon was expected to also trim costs by retiring older weaponry like ships and planes that are more expensive to operate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/bidens-meager-1-us-defense-budget-increase-buys-fewer-ships-jets/ar-BB1jINzE
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden's meager 1% US defense budget increase buys fewer ships, jets
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 02:20:01 pm »
If that is all the increase for AMERICAN MILITARY PERSONNEL who put their lives on the line, I'm sure he will cut spending on illegal aliens, too. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Biden's meager 1% US defense budget increase buys fewer ships, jets
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 02:43:05 am »
While aggressively dumping money and weapons to our enemies around the world first, leaving our military holding an empty bag to defend this nation and its people, while importing massive numbers of hostile foreigners into this nation.  If the foreigners don't kill yah, the diseases and drugs they import will.  Fools will not admit they brought this calamity upon themselves and us either.
 :dumpster: :reaper: :dumpster:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions